After 3.5.40 update, Audirvana becomes completely non-functional

The issue you’re experiencing might be related to the fact that you’re running an older MacOS version.

If you have the possibility, try on another Mac running more recent OS.

Appreciate the suggestion!. I already tried 3.5.40 on a late 2012 Mac Mini before my original posting and it was fine. Nonetheless, the 2009 Mini meets the hardware requirements of Audirvana which are El Capitan or later, and 2GB ram. Mine has is El Capitan and 8 GB of ram and is dedicated only to run only Audirvana. Again, it was fine right before 3.5.40.

The problem is fixed. I did the following previously but Step 2 below turned out differently than before.

1. I deleted the Audirvana.app from \Application and com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist and
    com.audirvana.Audirvana.plist again from Home folder\library\Preferences\ as RunHomeSlow suggested.

2. Then I searched for “audirvana” on the whole Mac. A few files and the \Application Support\Audirvana\ folder came up in the search. I did this search before but did not find these items. I proceeded to delete them all, nothing to lose.

3. Then I installed 3.5.38 to test mapping library. This is the same version I tried a few times previously. This time it was able to map my folders. I was able to connect to Qobuz also.

4. I then updated to 3.5.40 and continue to connect to Tidal.

I believe the first time it ran update to 3.5.40 it corrupted some files beyond the two “com.audrivana…” files in \library. My last search of the whole Mac found the rest and I deleted them.

Thank you for all your suggestions! It was kind of team work!

1 Like