Albums with songs repeated two times

Si vous avez des crashs il faut nos envoyer le rapport de crash que vous trouverez dans votre application Console de votre Mac. Il faut nous l’envoyer à support@audirvana.com

Oui je l’ai fait À chaque fois mais aucune réponse.

Is this solved yet?

I have all my music on a Synology NAS and it’s driving me crazy that albums cannot be grouped together. Of course I have triple-checked that the metadata is correct (albums have exactly the same name) and that there are no duplicate files.

The duplication of files is a problem several users have reported in the forum. It is a Audirvana problem whatever Damien3 tells. He want’s to blame iTunes but the problem is a faulty A.

Damien3: Please take this serious otherwise you will loose a lot of costumers. I have used A for several years and this has always been a problem. I want you to solve this problem! A is an excellent music player but the syncing/monitoring has a lot of problems you have to address. There definitely seems to be a problem with a database corruption over time when syncing with iTunes.

Please check this thread:

Most of the users moved away from iTunes/Music since it doesn’t support FLAC.

I would advise you to decide whether you want to manage your library in iTunes or Audirvana. Managing it in both you’ll always have problems and thus frustration.

If the metadata is looking good in iTunes, just use Audirvana in legacy mode. Forget about syncing. Since your files are in AIFF format, this makes sense.

Good advise I guess, but the problem is that even when using only A without iTunes there are problems; when monitoring my music folder it splits albums (se my example where A splits an album in 14 pieces). This is definitely not a iTunes problem! Sorry to say but A has serious flaws as a library manager and I want the developer to take his responsibility and fix it. I have paid for this program…

Maybe legacy mode works better, but I haven’t tried it.

It’s a question of priorities, as always.

The other thing you can do is to abandon iTunes and have the metadata sorted out to Audirvana’s liking. It’s more work, but on the long run it will pay out.

I had my local collection ripped from scratch from CDs while paying attention to the metadata and correcting it already in that phase. I have none of the issues you’re experiencing.

Instead of syncing with iTunes, try to load the library from scratch from the folder directly. This might give you much better result. You can do that on another system, just to verify the result.

Otherwise, there is always the legacy mode.

Hi There, I have the same issue. I deleted the library completely and build it up from scratch. It also didn’t help. If I put it into legacy mode you can not use the streaming app, so that is also not a real solution. Only if you make playlists in Itunes it works. songs in playlists are not duplicated. Any news on this subjects as from March 2020?

Hello @SVU,

Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info”? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message