Alphabet scroll missing letters

This…

why the missing letters? I have albums and artists starting with every letter of the alphabet…!

Is your screen size default or scaled? Maybe experiment with that.

4 6 B C…….pretty bizarre

it is bizarre….

Great call on the numbers, but @reddog1 has album’s that should show by letter. Interesting for sure.

On my side it seems I have all letters/numbers when album (or Artist) exists (I’m on M2 Macbook Air), but I spotted 2 issues (@Antoine):

• Numbers aren’t sorted properly: got 3, 1, 6, 7 instead of 1, 3, 6, 7,
  • Albums starting with Æ are put in the middle of the A albums.

Please see screenshots below.

Edit: for the Æ character, it seems that Audirvana recognizes it first as a character different from the A one, hence its display in the Alphabet scroll menu, but then it is sorted as a regular A (Æ being between Ab… and Al… on my example above).

In beta i have all letters, studio 2,0 all missing why?uninstall and reinstall did not help

Funny graphic design again…

That makes the letters bar to move always depending on how much numbers letters you get
in all different menus or playlists… why not put numbers in front when there is… in regular order
and always show A to Z by default. If no G, go the Last F…

i know… if you press F it doesn’t go the F, but it is in the first row :thinking:

But don’t put “see all” letters :wink:

In 2.0 (Origin) I have letters only with the Artists view. I don’t know if that is normal behaviour, because I did not try the beta version. I seems logical to me that in Albums view the letters also should be visible or is this a design decision?

No it’s not normal behaviour, i have in artists, albums and tracks plus the HiRes, CD quality sections etc. Full letters/numbers etc in views. I’m on a mac running macOS 13 RC2. Would be interesting to know what operating systems people with issues are using. Windows scaling functionality can create issues with app UI’s.

1 Like

I am on Windows 11. Scaling 300% (recommended by Windows) on a 4K monitor.

Edit:
I tried different scaling percentages in Windows: 300%, 200% and 100%. I also tried different screen sizes of Audirvana Origin (maximized and other screen sizes). In all cases I see lettering in the Artists view, but not in any other view.
Also I noticed that zooming in/out the thumbnails with Ctrl+mouse+scrollwheel does NOT work in the Artists view, but DOES work in all other views with thumbnails (album view etc). The slider for zooming on top of the Audirvana screen seems to work in all cases.

Ok. So, I get the lettering in all views, album/artists/tracks> I get different letters at different screen sizes!
On my large screen I can resize Origin to show all letters, not on my laptop. This is obviously a bug in Origin, alphabet selector shoud be scrollable on smaller screens.
A fix?

Update. I changed the sorting order in Album view and saved it and now all of a sudden I see the letters in the other views too. Some glitch?
I see the same problems as others. Numbers in wrong order 2, 0, 1 in stead of 0, 1, 2. Also letters are missing but I have not figured out yet if this is because those albums/artists are not there or because of the sort order in the meta data. I have to investigate that further.

Update:
When I add sorting criteria (in this case Audio file location) the letters randomly appear or dissappear:

When I remove or add sorting criteria again in the sort order the letters suddenly show:

This seems a bit random and not connected to a particular sort criteria. Maybe some refresh problem after changing sort parameters?

Edit:
See my post after this. There seems to be a logical explanation behind the horizon :smile:

DUH… I noticed that I only see letters when the sorting criteria start with ‘Album Artist’ or ‘Album Title’. Seems logical to me when I think about it. That mystery is solved. @Antoine has to solve the ‘mystery about the missing letters’ though (and the sort order of numbers?).

1 Like

@AndyLubke and @pierrechapuis , both sent you personal message about your issue :wink:

Thanks, Ive been in hospital for few days…

Sorry, where do I find personal messages?

I also sent it to you, you should see a 1 in green at the top left of your profile account

Hi @AndyLubke , @reddog1 and @pierrechapuis ,

I took a look at your database and it seems that nothing is wrong (except @pierrechapuis with the album from Tool which we will take a deeper look at it)

We display the number of letters according to the display but we have some room at the top and bottom to add more on smaller screen (like 13-inch screen of MacBookPro).

For this one, you get 3,1,6,7 because you have in your database albums named “3” from Soulfly and you have the album “10 000 days” from Tool, right after “60°43’” from Molecule and finally “72826” from Tool.

We will improve how we display the alphabet as we need to tweak a little bit the sorting engine for a future update of Audirvāna Studio/Audirvāna Origin.

1 Like

Thanks Antoine!