Audirvana 3.5.37 all tracks greyed out

I have the same problem: all are are greyed out – and all tracks are on internal HD, synced via iTunes library) – And I see that tristan_deluxe solved this problem by deleting library, but i have an important question.

If i delete the library & reimport, will I lose the playlists i have made in Audirvana? (Separate from playlists imported.)

Yes. Export them somewhere on computer before deleting .sqlite

Screenshot attached.

Can you pls make a way to easily revert to the previous version? Since it’s a pain to manually fiddle around with libraries to try to get this basic functionality restored.

Also – have you considered having a Beta testing program, where you release your updates to a small group of testers – before you do the general release to all users? That is a standard procedure in software.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Can you check the database integrity using the command in the Maintenance section of the preferences page?

I would also like to know if you have an idea of when you added those folder in Audirvana?

Damien,
Used all the Maintenance commands. no Change.
Screenshot from disk utility attached.
Not sure if your last question is directed at someone in particular but tracks in my library seem to be
mainly greyed out with random tracks displaying OK - always the same track/tracks.
Wide spread of dates with an odd track in the middle of a sequence 10 from the same album downloaded at the same time displaying fine - metadata gives no clues why it’s getting treated correctly.

1 Like

Database maintenance says OK. Last update to the database was Feb 23, 2020.

Yes, me too on this one. There are a couple of threads for this issue. I find that the program freezes just after I open it, and ‘artist’ greys out unless I can hit ‘settings’ right away, wait, and then go to ‘albums’ or ‘artists’. After that, it works normally. Someone suggested closing Audirvana in ‘albums’ view so that it opens up in ‘albums’ view, and then the problem may not occur, but it needs fixing anyway…

Hello everyone,

In the latest version of Audirvana 3.5 for MacOS the issue you have should be fixed, can update your Audirvana to 3.5.38 and try to see if you still have your issue?

Damien,
Downloaded 3.5.38, then re-booted, ran sync with iTunes, ran 3 maintenance apps.

Although more tracks now reveal themselves ‘white out’ the vast majority are still grey.
This grey/white split occurs with old and new tracks and even within a multitrack download made in a single sequence.

The greyed out tracks still trigger the ‘this track is not streamable…’ comment even when all greyed tracks are downloads. All greyed tracks still play OK and as I use mini-player on shuffle most of the time this is not a big issue, just weird.
If I really need to pick a track from a list I just flip to white mode and pick it from there so I can see; although even in this mode you can see the tracks that have been ‘greyed’.

1 Like

Have you tried to remove your synchronized folders in Audirvana and add it again?

1 Like

Damien

Thank you Damien - that has done it.

Just re-running the Dynamics analysis now.

I tried removing synchronized folders (Windows 10) and adding again…the problem persists after the program resynced.

I’m having the same issue of greyed out but playable tracks. The player is frequently stopping in the middle of an album too (another connectivity issue?)
Rebuilding the library from scratch didn’t help.
I’m using a Samba network drive.

Hello @lamode, are you using Audirvana 3.5.38?

are you using Audirvana 3.5.38?

Yes

Audirvana Mac Version 3.5.38 (3568)
mNON RIESCO PIU’ A SENTIRE LA MIA MUSICA AIUTOOOOOOOO TUTTE LE TRACCE SONO CON I CARATTERI GRIGI
acOS 10.12.1 with 8192MB RAM

Registered to Berardo Di Bartolomeo

SIGNAL PROCESSING:

Polarity Inversion:
	Globally: OFF
	Per track: OFF
Effects plugins NOT ACTIVE

UPSAMPLING:
iZotope SRC not in use iZotope SRC filter parameters
Steepness = 150
Filter max length = 500000
Cut-Off (x Nyquist) = 100%
Anti-aliasing = 200
Phase = 100%

AUDIO VOLUME:
Max allowed volume: 100
Replay Gain: None
SW volume control: ON

LIBRARY SETTINGS:
Sync list: 2 folders
AUTO: /Volumes/MUSICA/LIBRERIA MUSICALE/I TUNES
AUTO: /Volumes/MUSICA/PLAYLIST ADINIRVANA
iTunes/Music library synchronization: not synchronized
Library database path: /Users/berardodibartolomeo/Library/Application Support/Audirvana/AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

ACTIVE STREAMING SERVICES

=================== AUDIO DEVICE ========================

CoreAudio audio path, buffer I/O frame size: 512

Max. memory for audio buffers: 5120MB

Local Audio Engine:
Exclusive access: Disabled
Integer mode: Disabled

Preferred device:
Audiolab 8200 Series
Model UID:Audiolab 8200 Series:0451:8200
UID:AppleUSBAudioEngine:Lakewest Audio:Audiolab 8200 Series:14200000:2

Currently playing in standard 32bit float mode
Device: 2ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32bits little endian Signed Float, 8 bytes per frame 44.1kHz

Active Sample Rate: 44.1kHz
Hog Mode is off

Bridge settings:
Sample rate limitation: 48kHz
Sample rate switching latency: none
Limit bitdepth to 24bit: OFF
Mute during sample rate change: OFF

Selected device:
Local audio device
ID 0x38 Audiolab 8200 Series Manufacturer:Lakewest Audio
Model UID:Audiolab 8200 Series:0451:8200 UID:AppleUSBAudioEngine:Lakewest Audio:Audiolab 8200 Series:14200000:2

4 available sample rates up to 96000Hz
Audio buffer frame size : 15 to 4096 frames
Current I/O buffer frame size : 512
Volume Control
Physical: Yes
Virtual: Yes
MQA capability
Auto-detect MQA devices: No
Not a MQA device, user set to not MQA
DSD capability: Unhandled
Device audio channels
Preferred stereo channels L:1 R:2
Channel bitmap: Ox3, layout:
Channel 0 mapped to 0
Channel 1 mapped to 1

Audio channels in use
Number of channels: 2
Use as stereo device only: No
Simple stereo device: Yes

1 output streams:
Number of active channels: 2, in 1 stream(s)
Channel #0 :Stream 0 channel 0
Channel #1 :Stream 0 channel 1

Stream ID 0x39 2 channels starting at 1
8 virtual formats:
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 44.1kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer 96kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer 88.2kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer 48kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer 44.1kHz

8 physical formats
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer 44.1kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer 96kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer 88.2kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer 48kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer 44.1kHz

Local devices found : 2
Device #0: ID 0x2e Built-in Output Manufacturer: Apple Inc. Model UID: AppleHDA:123 UID: AppleHDAEngineOutput:1B,0,1,1:0
Device #1: ID 0x38 Audiolab 8200 Series Manufacturer: Lakewest Audio Model UID: Audiolab 8200 Series:0451:8200 UID: AppleUSBAudioEngine:Lakewest Audio:Audiolab 8200 Series:14200000:2

UPnP devices found : 0

Hello @Berri64,

Can you close Audirvana and delete the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite to restart from scratch?
It is located in ~/Library/Application Support/Audirvana, to find it in the Finder:

1.  Open its Go menu

2.  Pressing the option (or alt) key, and maintain it pressed. This reveals the Library command in this Go menu.

3.  Click on this Library command

4.  In the Finder window that opens, navigate into Application Support, then Audirvana

5.  You’ll find there the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite (This is the one for Audirvana 3.5, the other is for the older version 3).

Special Warning : When you delete the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite, you will lose all the Playlists you created in Audirvana. However, you can back-up all those Playlists by exporting them before deleting the database file.

Ho fatto come mi hai detto , le scritte dei brani sono tornate bianche ma nei diffusori esce un suono appena percettibile anche con il preaplificatore a tutto volume, ho notato che nelle preferenze suono del mio ac ce’ la scritta (quando seleziono il dac audiolab) “Il dispositivo selezionato non dispone di controlli di uscita” Aiutooooo

Try to disable the software volume control.

Fatto …uguale non funziona