Audirvana 3.5.50 Premiere piste de Chaque album coupe avant la fin

I don’t know about @OffRode , but I used Audirvana players like that during many years.

:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

This makes the most sense to me… It is a player, not a server…

It depends on how you use it.
I use A3.5 at the present only for headphones listening. It is installed on a computer with the VST plugins that are configured for my headphones listening. And I use the remote to stream with it to the network player that is connected to the DAC.

That’s how I get the best sound.
But it’s not a media server. It’s just installed on a computer that is one of the servers in my LAN.

It reads to me that you are just connecting your computer directly to the DAC (network player)… How do you transmit data from the computer to the network player that you are using for headphone playback?

My NAD M33 makes Audirvāna redundant. I have tested and used Audirvāna on a bunch of different devices Denon AVR Marantz AVR two different Oppo devices wireless and Ethernet cable. Several usb dacs of course ifi, Pro-ject, Burson, Hi-Face. Windows and Mac computers. Either it works correctly or it does not, my experience has been only usb is pretty reliable currently.

The network player is not the DAC. A network player is an expression to design a streamer.
The streamer renders the sound and transfers it to the DAC. The DAC is connected to the headphones amp. That’s my setup.

Network is quite simple : MacOSX Monterey / WIFI 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz/ FREEBOX as Router / RJ45 NAIM NOVA as Client

Same network streaming DSD Video from Mac to TV through Freebox is a no-brainer at all.

Once the first track of each album is fautly skipped before the end to the 2nd one, all is suddenly working as a charm till the end of the Album (same behavior from 16/44 to DSD256…)

I’m not sure you understand my question…
I’m wondering if you have tried using the NAD server using UPnP to deliver streaming digital-audio to Audirvana as a UPnP ‘network player’ on the distributed network?

Your network player is a DAC…

Why do you say that?
The network player is a different device than the DAC.
I can use the DAC without the network player. And I can transfer the sound from the network player to other devices rather than the DAC.

Okay… What I am describing is a scenario where the Network Server is sending digital-audio streams via Ethernet directly to a computer connected to a DAC that is running Audirvana as the media renderer endpoint Player…

No I have no need to try such a thing, again why add additional layers of unnecessary complexity to the pathway. M33 w/Dirac outperforming any system I’ve ever had, no computer needed. Power and Ethernet only , KISS

Audirvāna software should aspire to reach the same level of ease of use with superior sound quality, then there is a reason to subscribe or purchase it

The setup that you describe is impossible in practice. Audirvana can not serve as a renderer to other players in the LAN.
There are applications that can do that. JRiver, for instance, can be configured as a renderer for other players.

Thanks for your input, I can increase the audio Buffers to 5000MB, but was told by Damien (audirvana) that to avoid some known issues, it was better to set it around 1024, hence this setting. Pehraps was it a recommendation based on an older version. What do you think?

Okay… just wondering if you had ever tried using a Network Server to deliver a digital-audio stream to a computer connected to a DAC, running Audirvana as an endpoint media renderer, Player…

You have made a number of commentaries regarding your experience with networking and Audirvana and was wondering if you had ever tried the scenario that it appears Audirvana is designed for and will provide the highest level of playback quality…

Audirvana was not designed for that, and it will never deliver a highest quality than the renderers of the streamers.

Try increasing it… That’s my answer… :sunglasses: You will need to understand what your system can handle well or not handle well, by experimenting.

1 Like

Apparently you are misinterpreting the scenario I am proposing…

The signal flow is this:
(Server) >> (Computer with Audirvana) >>> (USB DAC)

This scenario was common in the past, and we were calling it a “Double PC” setup.
It’s advantage was to reduce the CPU load of the computer that is connected to the DAC. JPlay offered the best package of software for such setup.
But a general purpose PC running a player remains a much more noisy device than a dedicated streamer. Even a Nucleus is more noisy than a streamer.

EDIT
And the Linux audiophile software for the streamers is highly optimized for its specific tasks. A player like Audoirvana, Roon, etc… does not have, and can not have, this high degree of optimization.

Folks are running headless MacMini’s as players on the network as a commonly known scenario…