Audirvana 3.5 No Longer Launches

License for 3.5 is not a subscription, it’s a perpetual license. It’s very difficult for the support to help you, since your issue is very specific to your setup.

The easiest way to fix it without going through a troubleshooting process is to just do a clean install of one of the machines and install Audirvana.

What ??? Reinstall Windows / Mac OS because a software package fails …

How mad is that ?

Try different software first !!!

1 Like

Did you try uninstalling both 3.5 and AS then , find ALL the Audirvana folders and delete them, there will be at least 2

Then reboot and install 3.5 from scratch

You know the saying: “Small problem reboot, big problem reinstall”

I gave you this advice because that’s what I did.

Usually I don’t reinstall my os because I take care of it and once everything is set and works it’s good.

BUT…

1. Windows XP and 7 were incomparable more stable than 10. The most stable edition of 10 is LTSC but the very special program Audirvana Studio can’t be installed on LTSC. Recently I updated my OS and… BANG! - error booting. Because I turned off System Restore I had to reinstall windows, no other solution helps. AN OFFICIAL UPDATE FROM MS$! I had 7 and XP and even the old 98SE for yerars without reinstall.

2.I had the same problem, tried many things but none works, so I had to reinstall. That’s because of 10 and depencies to craps like Store and App Installer, no problems at all with other software.

AS is working well on my windows 10 LTSC 2019. First, you must install the APP STORE first and then install the App Installer. No need for other junk apps.

WOW! Just give me a very good news! Thank you! Please, give me your method for store installation because I don’t want to fail. And App Installer from Store, right? WOW! Great, great, Great! Please help.

A. I am the original poster, but I didn’t send you the mail about uninstalling and reinstalling Windows. That was another person. However, since you replied to that person about the issue I will now address your suggestion.

B. No software is worth the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling Windows just to hope it will work afterward. I shouldn’t have to do that to try to get any software to work. Also, as I’ve said, the software worked just fine from February 12 to July 4. And, this glitch is happening on TWO different computers. The sudden failure can’t be the OS on two separate computers.

C. It should be noted that Audirvana Studio works just fine on both of these computers so why would it work yet Audirvana 3.5 won’t even allow me to register the license key? Same two computers that it worked fine on for five months and that Audirvana Studio works on now, the same Audirvana servers, and my same Wifi network. That can’t be the OS causing the problem.

D. I paid $96.00 for a full year’s subscription for Audirvana 3.5 for the period February 2021-February 2022. The subscription is current yet the program stopped working on July 4. I have 7 months remaining on my subscription. Does Audirvana think I’m supposed to just lose the remaining 7 months I’ve already paid for and on top of it subscribe to Audirvana Studio after my trial period ends? That doesn’t sound fair.

E. As I wrote in my original post, I have repeatedly been in contact with Audirvana tech support at support@audirvana.com. They are well aware of the issue, but none of their troubleshooting steps have been successful and so now I have asked them to credit the balance of my subscription to Audirvana Studio which at least works on my two PC’s although I am in a 30-day trial which expires on August 6. I shouldn’t have to subscribe to Studio after the trial period ends since I have 7 months remaining on my current subscription. They should either transfer the subscription to Audirvana Studio or refund the remaining balance to my credit card. I have brought this issue to their attention via their support email several times.

Unfortunately, they are no longer replying to my emails as I haven’t heard from them for three days. That’s why I posted the issue on the Audirvana Community Forum. The bottom line is that I can’t use 3.5 and I have 7 months remaining on my subscription for a program that I can’t use and they are not responding anymore to resolve the issue. There is no way to contact them by phone. This is very poor customer service, to say the least.

It’s not a subscription, the license for version 3.5 is a perpetual license. So you better get it working. Yes, it’s a hassle, but sometimes it happens. The computer systems are complex and sometimes it’s just easier to reinstall unless you’re computer savvy.

Maybe no answers on weekend, see tomorrow :grinning:

1 Like

This link is for your reference.

1 Like

Thank you!

I haven’t heard from them since Thursday. That would be one long weekend.

I’m not going to uninstall and reinstall the OS for any 3rd party app that previously worked. If you’re talking about Audirvana 3.5, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled it 4 different times with complete reboots.

Scotts,

You are mistaken. I have good news for you. For your $96 you did not subscribe. You bought a lifetime license for A3.5, and the player should serve you for the years to come without any additional fee. :grinning:

EDIT
Maybe by talking to support about subscription, you made them confused, and they thought you were referring to Studio. For A3.5, there was no subscription. The business model of subscription is exclusive to Audirvana Studio.

I used the wrong term. You are correct. I purchased a lifetime license for A3.5. However, since I can no longer get A3.5 to work on either of my two computers after only 5 months of use despite all of their troubleshooting attempts, I would like Audirvana to give me some type of credit toward an Audirvana Studio subscription. 5 months is not a very long “lifetime.”

As you are a A3.5 owner, you have a refund for the subscription to AS. You’ll pay $50 instead of $70 for the first year of subscription.
Regarding your troubles with A3.5, I have no idea what’s the problem, but I’m sure that it will be settled.

Issue resolved! The problem was Bitdefender Total Security 2021. Somehow, it was blocking the registration from going through. At the suggestion of Audirvana’s tech support, I disabled it and the problem was immediately fixed. The license key was accepted. I’m happy to report that 3.5 now works once again. :grinning:

1 Like
  1. You don’t need to run the latest version of Windows 10. Newer is not always better. The best edition of 10 is LTSC 1809. Stable, light, fast. Is not only my opinion and experience, I learned from others. I’m using LTSC right now, the only thing you have to do is to install Store (I used instructions from a link on this forum posted recently) and App Installer before AS. Also for Tidal maybe you have to install Edge, don’t know exactly, I’m with Qobuz.
  2. i recomend ESET NOD32: light on resources and best on detection. Disable Defender, it’s a junk.

Thank you!!!