Audirvana 3.5 Not recognising Quad Artera Play DAC as Supporting DSD

Hi All
Has anyone encountered a similar situation whereby Audirvana does not recognise the locally connected DAC as supporting DSD formats. Ive checked through the Audirvana settings and it says DSD is not supported and yet my DAC does support DSD. Interestingly whenever I play a native DSD file type all my DAC reports is seeing it as a PCM 352.8Khz. I am pretty new to the digital music realm so I am probably missing something very obvious. My set-up is straightforward, All music is on a Western Digital External HDD connected via USB to my Macbook air which outputs via Type A USB to Type B input on the Quad Player/DAC. If anyone can point to the error of my ways or help me with my lack of knowledge / Understanding I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks in anticipation

Hello @Stdik,

If your DAC is compatible with DSD over PCM, you can set the native DSD read method to “DSD over PCM 1.0” in the device section of the audio settings page.

If your DAC has a volume control, you may need to ensure it is set at 100% during DSD playback to prevent its USB interface from damaging the DSD signal.

That’s great and worked, thank you.