Audirvana always sync at startup

Bonjour Damien,

Je suis sur la 3.5.29 actuellement et cela me fait toujours la même chose.

Au lancement, même si je n’ai absolument rien touché depuis la veille, la synchro redémarre…

Comme précédemment dit, ce n’est pas bien grave, mais pour lancer la 1ère piste cela prend parfois un peu de temps car j’ai la roue arc-en-ciel qui tourne un moment.

Je n’avais jamais eu ce comportement avant, si vous pouviez y jeter un oeil ce serait “much appreciated”

Cordialement.

J’ai trouvé la source de ce comportement,

Comme ma bibliothèque grossit régulièrement, mon HDD externe met de plus en plus de temps à monter.

Hors si je lance Audirvana avant que le HDD soit totalement monté, la synchro démarre (logique).

Voilà ! si ça peut servir à d’autres dans le futur, attendez que votre HDD soit totalement monté avant de lancer Audirvana !

Pour le reste, c’est que du bonheur :green_heart:

1 Like

Hello @Antoine,

I’m had same case as @Teddy_k, every time when I start the Audirvana 3.5.29 (3559)
in my iMac with 10.15.3 it sync all music again but after the first time sync all music will lost, I’m need to re-mount the external HDD ( Drobo 5C ) in monitored folder, any way to solve this problem? Thanks.

Recently I started to have this problem as well. There seems to be a significant scan on every start up without any new files being added. All the album art flashes on and off intermittently. After 10-20 seconds everything is normal again.

I have “rescan network folders at each start” set to the off position.

The folders are displaying “auto”.

MacOS 10.15.4, Audirvana 3.5.33

Hello
I have the same issue with MacOS 10.15.5 and Audirvana 3.5.38
It scans everything at each restart (Rescan network folders at each restart option not activated).
This happened once I recreated the database following the trouble I had with duplicate files.
During the scan the memory is getting out of control with Audirvana most of the time in not Responding mode.
I am still waiting for an explanation from the support. I am wondering if this is a general issue or an issue in my system in particular. Monitored folders are Thunderbolt disks and NAS Network folder.

3 Likes

The same with me. I really hate that behavior, every start up rescan what not has been changed. At least we should have free choice of rescanning, not the automatic thing. It is a pity that a program that is so wonderful in other aspects, sound, design, possibilities, has this manco, sorry, I see it as a failure.
Please do something About it and let the knob ‘disable rescanning’ do its work properly.
Syrinx

2 Likes

I am still waiting for Audirvana support team to come back to me regarding this issue specifically, I am really wondering why. The more we are to report this issue to them the more they might find the need to come back with a solution.
In the meantime either reduce dramatically your database or find another solution somewhere else, which is a pity as you wrote.

Having same issue here for long time now. Double entries pop up when Audirvana is busy syncing and one decides to start playing a track. Double items guarenteed in that situation. What makes it a real nag, is the fact that Audirvana always syncs at startup. Like I read in this the thread also, I agree with the assumption that the always sync issue is related to using a NAS with mirrored drives. The iTunes cause is mentioned by Damien is definitely not the case here, since I am not using iTunes and also depending on Flac only.

Fact of the matter is, that these two issues combined produce a rather annoying situation.

An acceptable workaroung would be, if it was possible to disable auto syncing on folders, unfortunately, this is also not possible.

All together this results in a situation where after starting Audirvana one is obliged to wait approx 15 minutes (pretty large folders) before Audirvana can be used for playback without screwing up the database.

Using Audirvana for Mac by the way, version current.

Would be highly appreciated when this issue would be addressed. Is really the only thing preventing the software from being perfect :slight_smile:

I think the issue is not related to using a NAS with mirrored drives (I have this issue without having NAS with mirrored drives).
It seems to be linked to the size of the database and happened when I recreated the database following the duplicate files. This is why I guess not many people have this sync issue as they have not recreated the database.
I am using Mac, latest version too. Check the memory used by Audirvana and you will notice some huge numbers.
I am still waiting from Audirvana support to come back with an explanation/acknowledgement of the issue and obviously with a solution at some point.
I stopped using Audirvana for the moment.

Also looking for alternatives for Audirvana at the moment. This issue is making use of the software almost impossible by now. Average wait time for syncing to finish is about half an hour, not waiting means a library rebuild.

Hope developer will address the issue with more priority :frowning:

1 Like

I have no idea why support team/developers are not even coming in this thread to discuss this issue!

1 Like

No clue here to why also. It’s definitely an issue with primary functionality.

after so many months the problem has never been solved … the auto synk continues every time I start the program unfortunately …I am quite annoyed by this situation

Hello everyone, to clarify the situation, the autosync of Audirvana is triggered when there is any file that has been changed in the location you have monitored in Audirvana. This means that if you have another software that have been adding files, removing files in the folder, Audirvana will see a change and it will sync.

Hi Damien,

Thanks for your response. However, I am almost 100% certain that most of the folders have no file changes at all. The following is even the case: When Audirvana has finished synching and it is subsequently closed and started again, the whole thing starts all over again.

My feeling is, that there is something else triggering the sync also.

Happy to see this subject moving again. I stopped using Audirvana because if this issue but hopefully it will get fixed at some point and I will be able to re-use it.

@Antoine
As mentioned by many people here and on direct email too, it does not matter if there is a change or not. It will resync everything pretty much as if there was nothing before in the database!
When there is a change (any file in the monitored location), it used to identify/locate the change, sync it and do that quickly. Now it will resync as if everything was changed. This happened after I had to rebuild the database following the duplicate file issue.
Even when there is a change it will take hours… Change of file in the monitored folder is not the issue for me; the issue is that it looks as if it is rebuilding the whole database all the time, making Audirvana not usable at this stage.

1 Like

I’m sorry but it’s absolutely not true!
there is no software that acts on the library files and above all I have not made any changes … nevertheless audirvana continues to synchronize every time I start it.
as far as I’m concerned it is becoming unusable

Hello @philoouu,

Do you have this button enabled or disabled?

It is disabled here. Doesn’t make a difference for softwares behavior.

@Antoine

Same as @Remco_van_der_Wegen

Disabled since I use Audirvana with monitored folders…
Doesn’t make a difference either!