Audirvana + Copland CSA100

Could you give me the link to it, please?

I installed:

but nothing changed.
I mean when I press the settings button it does not react.

You need to go here:

Udvikler Landing Page (copland.dk)

In that link at the bottom of the page is a button ‘USB driver for Windows’. You need to download and install that for your Copland CSA100, otherwise it will not work on Windows. The driver you installed (ASIO4all) is not for your Copland.

1 Like

This I have install from the beggining.
Maybe the problem is that I work on Windows 11, and driver is for 10 (?).

It should work on Win11 also (all my ‘win10’ drivers do). If the screen with the ASIO settings does not open (as Antoine asked you), maybe try to uninstall the Copland driver. And newly install it again. Maybe something went wrong there. Also uninstall the ASIO4ALL driver to get your system as uncluttered as possible.

Note: After installing an ASIO driver it is allways advisable to reboot your computer and to unplug the USB cable to your DAC and plug it in again. After that start Audirvana and look if your Copland is visible.

After a successfull install of the Copland driver you should be able to open the screen with ASIO settings from Audirvana (as Antoine explained in his post above). Also make sure you have no other (audio player) program running that makes exclusively use of the usb DAC (Roon, Foobar etc.).
If that still does not work it is advisable to contact Copland, because it seems there is something wrong at their end.

After all steps above “computer asio” settings do not open.
As shown, Copland is seen in “output device” section: combo384 asio 1.03.

Can you play now DSD128?

If not, try to select DoP instead of Native DSD. Check if that allows you play DSD128.

No, but I sold my bluesound and it’s power cable.
Quality difference in Tidal is so big that I decided I would subscribe after trial period. I listened to DSD64 first time and difference was huge.
And it was on simple usb cable I took from IT guy.
I think about courious usb cable now.

What is DoP. Where can I find it, please?
g

Make sure that the transport is stopped, then go to settings, “output device”, click on cogged wheel and in the “Native DSD streaming method” field select “DSD over PCM”. Try both 1.0 and 1.1.

This menu is seen when ASIO is chosen.
DSD over PCM is possible only when kernel streaming chosen.
Then output device driver is changed for from combo384 to Amanero Technologies USB driver.
It does not help in any way with dsd128. With kernel streaming dsd64 do not work either.
So none of these steps helped with dsd128 (while copland says this dac works with these files).

Try WASAPI.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.