Audirvana doesn't sync with NAS since last 2 updates

I’m having an issue with Audirvana on my Mac no longer syncing with my Synology DS 918+ since the last 2 updates. It no longer syncs with the original “music” volume that I’ve been using with Audirvana for a year. I’ve tried changing user permissions on my NAS volumes, uninstalling and reinstalling Audirvana, reformatting my Mac and reinstalling Audirvana from scratch.

Nothing has worked. Audirvana will sync with a different volume on my NAS called “Music Library” just fine, but not with the original “music” volume.

Is it possible to roll back to an earlier version of Audirvana? Or could I try something else?

Thanks!

Hello @dcguy73,

do you have access to your files on your NAS if you use Finder?

Yes, i can see the NAS and access its files in Finder.

Can you close Audirvana and remove your Audirvana database to create a new one?

Special Warning : When you delete the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite, you will lose all the Playlists you created in Audirvana. However, you can back-up all those Playlists by exporting them before deleting the database file.

To locate the database with the Finder:

1.  Open its Go menu

2.  Pressing the option (or alt) key, and maintain it pressed. This reveals the Library command in this Go menu.

3.  Click on this Library command

4.  In the Finder window that opens, navigate into Application Support, then Audirvana

5.  You’ll find there the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite (This is the one for Audirvana 3.5, the other is for the older version 3).

Having same issue. Tried removing the DB. To sort the different types of file types I have I my music in different folders. My smaller folder will sync, but my largest fold on my NAS will not sync.

Hello @billybud003, are you using Mac Os or Windows 10?

Sorry about forgetting that detail, I’m running macOS 11.0.1 on a MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2018

Can you open your Console app, search Audirvana and try to sync your folder? Do you see any error message in Console? If it’s the case, can you give us this error?

All, I am about to try the above suggestion but I think my issue is similar. (not to steal a thread) I’ve noticed that no matter now many times I try to sync in Audirvana I never see any new results UNLESS I first browse a directory via finder (macOS 11.0.1) on my nas. Then Audirvana sees that directory. It feels almost as if Audirvana is looking at a cached copy of the remote directory listing.

In follow up to reviewing my Console output I seem to see a pattern with special characters ie é

Any chance this is causing your issue as well?

Local Library Sync: error enumerating file:///Volumes/music/Michael%20Buble%CC%81 : Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 “The file “Michael Bublé” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.” UserInfo={NSURL=file:///Volumes/music/Michael%20Buble%CC%81, NSFilePath=/Volumes/music/Michael Bublé, NSUnderlyingError=0x6000115f4e70 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 “No such file or directory”}}

Sir,

Are you able to access to /Volumes/music/Michael Bublé in the Finder?

I have the same problem, do you able to solve it by browsing in the finder first ?

Yes, The folder is accessible in finder. But I believe it becomes unaccessible when the error occurs.

I also see these errors in console, again the only thing in common appears to be the “é” or “°” or “Ò” in the title.

System Policy: Audirvana(2584) deny(2) file-read-data /Volumes/music/Eric Bibb/Happiest Man in the World/05 Eric Bibb & North Country Far - Creole Café.flac

System Policy: Audirvana(2584) deny(2) file-read-data /Volumes/music/Jacques Louissier/Plays Bach/09 Jacques Loussier - Prélude N°2 in C minor.flac

It would appear that when Audirvana is performing a recursive directory (folder) listing special characters causes a full stop of the sync. If it encounters it in a mp3 or Flac file name it skips it.

If I browse to the directory in finder sync seems to correctly read the folder, but if attempting to let the process occur on its own it fails.

I ran into an issue when after I attempted a sync, I couldn’t change the folder name. I was able to change the folder name in Synology file explorer, then restart the sync and it finished (with the exception of the mp3 or Flac files with special characters - I have not changed those yet)

I will retry the above method and see what happen…

I’m having the same problem. Running Catalina 10.15.7. I’ve deleted the database in Library and can see my music folder in Finder but Audirvana will not sync with it. I tried to sync with a sub-folder of my main music folder (Compilations) and this worked OK but it won’t sync with my main folder. This is since I updated to 3.5.42. Any further developments with this problem?

Same exact issue.

I have tried the following to fix this:

1. Delete the Audirvana database, try to sync
  2. Uninstall Audirvana, reinstall Audirvana, try to sync
  3. Delete volume “music” from NAS, create new volume “NAS-music,” try to sync
  4. Erase and reformat my hard drive to macOS 10.15.7, install Audirvana, try to sync

None of these steps have worked. Audirvana will not sync with the old NAS volume “music” or the new NAS volume “NAS-music” on my Synology DS918+ NAS.

I can see “NAS-music” on my Mac and access the files through Finder.

Not sure what to do next.

I forgot to say that Audirvana will sync if I go into the volume “NAS-music,” select all the sub-folders within that volume, and sync them. It refuses to sync the volume “NAS-music” as a whole.

I opened a new folder on my NAS and copied all my music from the original folder to the new folder. Tried syncing with the new folder and it seems to be working. Will post again in the morning to confirm.

The new folder synced OK. I did find an album in the old music folder that had a ‘? In a box’ added to the album name (Error 43). I didn’t copy that across and don’t know if this was relevant to the issue.