Audirvana don´t connect to Allo USB bridge

When I try to connect to Allo USB bridge, Audirvana don not see the unit. Do I have to load a new program for Allo?

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/network-audio-players-allo/allo-usbridge-black-acrylic-audio-media-player-squeezelite-dietpi-roon-interface-for-usb-dac-p-12073.html

Allo is prepared for Roon and I have tested Roon no problem to use Allo. I did not chose Roon because the sound was not good enough.

Regards
Jan Karlsson

Which sw is running on your Allo? You should have mpd/Upmpdcli running to let it work with Audirvana

Volumio, Moode, ropieee XL and GentooPlayer can run mpd/upmpdcli, depends on configuration.

I am running dietpi. mpd is active. How do I install Upmdcli?

I managed to do this last night. I struggled to find a guide, but found one in the end. I can’t take credit for this.

More stable and IMO sounds better that mrenderer that I’ve been using on my dietpi usbridge for years!

I was reading somewhere that gentooplayer sounded great. So I did a trial and found it used upmpdcli. So I though why not get this working on dietpi. Here you go. Best of luck.

You’ll have to install mpd first.
Sudo apt-get install mpd

1. From an SSH session enter:

Code:

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/upmpdcli.list

… then press return and enter the text as below into the file that’s just opened, save it (Control + X) and exit

Code:

deb http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/downloads/raspbian/ buster main

deb-src http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/downloads/raspbian/ buster main

1. Now import the repository key. The first stage of the method I use for this process comprises:

Code:

sudo apt install dirmngr

Next, fetching the relevant repository key from the keyservers:

Code:

gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-key F8E3347256922A8AE767605B7808CE96D38B9201

Then, adding that key to the ‘apt’ keyring:

Code:

gpg --export ‘7808CE96D38B9201’ | sudo apt-key add -

1. Having done this run:

Code:

sudo apt-get update

then:

Code:

sudo apt-get install upmpdcli

1. Now, update Upmpdcli’s streaming services:

Code:

sudo apt-get install upmpdcli-qobuz

sudo apt-get install upmpdcli-gmusic

sudo apt-get install upmpdcli-tidal

1. Finally, restart upmpdcli

Code:

sudo service upmpdcli restart

1. Exit the SSH session
1 Like

There is also the option of RoPiee XXL (do not etablere the OpenHome support), which should work with Audirvana (I’m using it with BubbleUpnpServer/MinimServer).

Does this include mpd if I follow this?

As well does this set it up to replace GMrender as default upnp connection to audirvana?

Possible connection issue solution: try deactivating “Rescan network folders at each start”, maybe restart your remote and Audirvana and let us know. I had the connection problems just like several users of this forum and with this trick it finally works, another user in this forum discovered it.

Hey Globi - what were you running as a UPnP endpoint when your method above seemed to fix the issue ?

Thanks

Dear airdronian, I evidently posted the answer in another thread where problems other than mine are discussed. However, I only had the famous remote connection problem with Audirvana on Windows 10 and I solved it by deactivating the rescan at each start. And as for everything that has to do with UPnP / DLNA and BubbleUPnP I am absolutely not able to configure them because I lack computer knowledge, I should have precise instructions that can be performed even by those who do not have the knowledge of networks, I know some computer scientists but perhaps not even they are able to configure them.

1 Like

I have been in contact with Allo, they did send me this link.

Downloaded Putty. In putty I did put in

aplay -l (Lower case of L)
lsusb
lsusb -t

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.