Audirvana macOS - red close button is disabled

I was alway curious why is the red semaphore button in the Audirvana macOS 3.5.x app window always disabled?

It’s not a big deal, as Command+Q still works, just mainly curious.
Thanks

@Antoine

Hi, have you checked your settings/preferences? There’s an option (SysOptimizer) to take control / priority of the machine, so if you disable this setting then you should be able to quit the app as expected.

Sorry, I wrote the above without checking on my system… even with this setting disabled there is no red button… I guess the developer didn’t want the user to close the window without quitting the app… (the red button only closes the window, not the app), so maybe that’s why it is disabled… otherwise the sound sync might not work etc…

That’s not entirely accurate.
We as developers have control on what should happen when the last application window closes.

applicationShouldTerminateAfterLastWindowClosed(_:slight_smile:

Invoked when the user closes the last window the application has open.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appkit/nsapplicationdelegate/1428381-applicationshouldterminateafterl

ah, perfect, thanks for the update @VoyagerDude… I was clutching at straws… :wink:

No problem whatsoever. Thanks for replying!

This is a small cosmetic issue anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.