Audirvana, microrendu, quetest....help

Set MQA setting to “Non MQA”.

Did it but…buzzing is still there

Very weird. I’m out of ideas. It could be useful to contact the manufacturer and/or post on their forum.

I contacted sonore and they had a few solutions that didn’t solve the problem. But then i found out that it only appears with 16/44 files on both qobuz as tidal… that’s why i came back to audirvana… seems to me it’s a software problem… well, i don’t know what to do either… sh.ttysituation

Could it be related?

AUDIO VOLUME:
Max allowed volume: 92.8414
Replay Gain: None
SW volume control: ON

Can you try max 100%
Or and SW volume control off

1 Like

Thank you… no, won’t work. but i’m trying the upsample funtion right now and when i let the 44 khz files be upsampled to 48… no buzz…
it is not the solution as it should be because personaly i don’t like upsampling… i’m will search further for the solution…

…and a BIG sorry and excuse for my fantastic English…

Today… Same problems as the first day… No reaction of audirvana when i want to play a song…
Dac disabled and enabled…checked everything…and still no music.
I’m disappointed in something i thougt it would be great… Where can i cancel the lifetime license and get my payment back. I use to be a media portal person in the old days, but now i want a stable platform… i’m sorry.

How is your micro Rendu set up? (ie which services are enabled)
How is set the mixer in micro Rendu? Is it set to fixed 100%?
Does the issue occurs playing local 16/44.1 files?
FYI … I use a SOtM sms200 which runs a very similar sw (same “root” few years ago) and everything is working fine with just MPD & DLNA enabled, mixer set to NONE (that’s to say fixed/100%).
Did you verified how the dac is configured in MPD .
Do you have any chance to re-flash the microsd card with a fresh version of micro Rendu firmware? (maybe you could ask Sonore for this)

You’re giving up too quickly. It’s looks like an issue with the mircroRendu.

That’s my opinion too.
Audirvana is very well integrated with micro Rendu, it was the first upnp device Audirvana certified when Audirvana started with upnp.
On micro Rendu, and on SOtM sms200 as well, the microsd card can get corrupted (it happened to me a couple of times), one frequent cause is an improper shutdown.

Another hint, just to try to narrow the issue: can you try to play 24/88.2 files, or upsample to 24/88.2?
Frequently there are two different oscillators (clocks), one is for 44.1 and multiples (88.2, 174.4 …), the other one is for 48 and multiples (96, 192 …)
The problem could be there as you say you can play 48, 96 but not 44.1

Thank you gor your replies and help🙏🏻. I appreciate it very much. I’m giving uo to soon is the trigger for me in this case…thanks. i will try everything mentioned above…but first i have to take a day rest. ( I have ptsd… Maybe that’s why i’m impatient and i wanna give up to early… Music and audio is part of my therapie to survive my mental health… But that’s besides… Excuse me) i will try to search for a solution and try to embrace audirvana…

PS

The people from microrendu etc. keep saying that it is a ground loop… And i should buy an ifi purifier, or something like that, to probably solve the problem… That’s were i went back to the audirvana forum…
I let you know when i found a solution… Thanks again.
Steve
The Netherlands

Take your time. I’m not sure this is the appropriate hobby if you want to de-stress. :wink:

Anyway, you’re in good company here. Most of the audiophiles are plain mad, beyond any hope of recovery. Why else would any sane person put so much effort into music reproduction? You should see the look on my wife’s face when I try to explain why we need to acquire a new piece of equipment.

Still, if this makes you happy, it’s kind of therapeutic, I guess…

1 Like

…a reply that is “MASTER”… btw; my wife banned me out of the living room with my audio… So now i’m on the attic with me myself and i… That will teach me… and indeed, it teached me indeed, so this week i bought my 10th amp (all second hand ofcourse) …and i know my way around amps… Dacs​:grimacing:, speakercable​:grimacing:, speakers :grimacing:, rca cables, streamers…:grimacing::sweat_smile:…uhhhh etc… so, banning me to the attic teached me a lot…but not what my wife intended me to be teached…
Several times she said; well okay…put your stuff back and its all good… but NO way…i’m staying where i am… Audio heaven to me… ,:innocent::innocent::joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.