Audirvana Origin Kernel streaming randomly ends in blue screen

I recently started using Audirvana and I discovered I like its Kernel streaming sound more than anything I’ve tried, including foobar2000. However, sometimes when I play a song, it results in a blue screen with WDF_VIOLATION code. I know the simple solution is just stream in WASAPI and not Kernel, but I really like how Kernel sounds and I don’t want to change it. What should I do so I stop getting these blue screens? I already re-installed Audirvana and I don’t know what else I can do.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Gallus780,

BSOD usually happens when a drier is not working as intended. In the case of Audirvāna we use the driver of your computer but we do not install any driver when you use our software.

Do you have some update on your windows pending? And how about the recent updates your had, have you got some?

In device manager, I had 2 problematic devices with an exclamation mark. I fixed them and there are no warnings left. I can even play in ASIO (but Kernel is still better, lol) after I updated my driver. Let’s see if I will have blue screens again, but I hope not.

1 Like