Audirvana Remote connection issue to Windows 10

I should add that the Audirvana desktop platform recognizes my phone - it allows me to play music out of the phone speaker. The desktop platform also recognizes my MicroRenud rendering device. So far the only broken link in the chain is the Remote.

Is this issue now solved and how since my remote: starts with glitches, hard to stop, forward doesn’t work without glitches backward either. Plays random song instead of the selected…etcetera. I notice many users with w10 installation and iphone remote have the same problem. I find it astonishing and unprofessional that audirvana still hasn’t a proper solution for this. It seems we ,the users, are the testing department.

1 Like

Also tracks are played not completely; jumping to next track way before it ends.

I use Audirvana for quit some time now.
I use a Samsung phone S7edge and/or a Samsung Tab S2 in conjunction with the Audirvana remote app to control the Audirvana player software.
All was functioning okay, but for some time i can’t connect the Tab S2 anymore.(doesn’t see the Audirvana player on my 64 bit Windows 10 PC)
I know that some time ago, some users did have the same probleem and that Damien was working to solve that probleem for the TAB S2.
Is this still an issue or is it solved now?
Hopefully it is, because i prefer to use the S2 for this purpose, which is very handy to work with.
Thanks in advanced for the expected reply!
Mollie

Hi, I have been using Audirvana for about a month now, I have the current version and had bought the remote app. I have, over this time, not been able to connect the phone to the PC. I have checked ALL of the items listed above and nothing has made a difference. I normally use Norton but have completely uninstalled it and use the windows antivirus system. Again made sure that audirvana.exe had permission to get through the firewall etc. Still wouldn’t connect. Yesterday I loaded Audirvana onto my second computer on the same wifi network and joined to the same wifi router. Checked with same phone with the same app (obviously) and it connected straight away. Checked first computer again this morning (a Dell i7-8567 laptop) and it still won’t connect. Any suggestions and help would be much appreciated. Rowland

Hello @Rlozzy, can you try this workaround that have been shared by a user earlier? Audirvana Remote Disconnect from Audirvana on Windows 10

Hi to everyone on this thread:

I have Audirvana running on a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. I use iPad Audirvana Remote to remote control Audirvana. My goal is to leave the laptop always running (has solid stateOS drive) with lid closed, to be nothing more than a reliable Audirvana server. But, I have had a lot of initial connect followed by intermittent disconnect problems.

Here are all the causes and fixes I have found so far:

Initial Connect: Most likely Windows Firewall not allowing Audirvana Remote to Connect to Audirvana. FIX: Make sure Firewall is open to Audirvana on Private and Public Networks as applicable. Special note: Every time the Windows 10 Audirvana app auto-updates (I hate these moments), Windows Firewall needs to be re-verified as still open to Audirvana.

Intermittent Reconnect: This remote connection needs good bandwidth between the devices (iPad and Laptop) but ALSO good bandwidth to the Internet as well. Any time my house Internet speed slows (Comcast Cable Internet varies a lot hour to hour) below say 5 Mbps Audirvana Remote gets very slow and buggy, eventually dropping the connection to Audirvana entirely. Special note: If you’re using a laptop, you may get slower WiFi speeds if you close the lid because the antenna is in the lid.
FIX 1: Maximize your speeds between devices and also to Internet. Move stuff around in your house to maximize WiFi if you have to.
FIX 2: I found a setting in Audirvana that seems to work the opposite of what it says it does. In PC or Laptop: Audirvana > Settings > Miscellaneous > Turn OFF “Prevent Screen from Going to
Sleep”. When this is on after about twenty minutes my Audirvana Remote will invariable disconnect. Turning off really helps, but every time Audirvana does an update it defaults to back on and needs to be turned off again.

In general, I think Audirvana could make the Audirvana Remote connection to Audirvana on Windows 10 install much easier and work a lot more reliably than it does. Plus every Audirvana update seems to require troubleshooting the connection all over again. Needs work!

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you SO MUCH. After spending so many hours trying different things that simple change worked. Very appreciated. Rowland

Been giving this a new try today, but still didn’t succeed connecting my Iphone SE with Audirvana.

Everything is up to date, Windows 10 and iOS 13.4, Audirvana and the Remote App. Both devices are on the same 5Ghz wifi network, and I’ve even disabled completely Windows Firewall on private connections, and so far the furthest I can go is this :

In the Remote App, I can see the Audirvana computer, I can tap it and then I get asked the 6 digits code, which indeed appears in the PC’s Aurdirvana window. I input the code on the remote app, tap ok, and then the little wheel just turns forever, and on the PC the code window stays forever too. I’ve let it like this for some time, but of course nothing happens, and I end up just closing the window and quitting the remote app.

What a shame really that this remote thing is so fiddly and unreliable ! :rage:

have you tried putting the computer and remote on the other wifi… not the 5Ghz? here home i have to choice of wifi…

Will try thanks for the suggestion !

Just tried on the “normal” wifi network, made no difference unfortunately. :expressionless:

Does it happen all of the time you try to pair the Remote?

Yes it happens every time I try. I remember it working many months ago, but since a long time now I never managed to have it working.

You are running Audirvana 3.5.10 and Remote 2.2 for iOS?

My laptop did a Windows 10 update two nights ago and I returned to having disconnection and reconnection problems. If I turned off Windows Defender Firewall I could connect just fine, but with Firewall turned on I could get no connection. Definitely a firewall issue. Here’s what I did today to hopefully fix things (yet again), so far so good:

In the Windows 10 laptop:

I deleted a 2019 instance of Audirvana Plus.

I deleted all Inbound and Outbound Audirvana Windows Defender Firewall rules (I had too many in there, six and two respectively, I assume from old installations) and reinstalled them by:

Inbound: Launching Audirvana and saying “Allow” For Private when Windows Defender Firewall pop up asked if ok to allow, and

Outbound: Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
Select Audirvana > Advanced Options > Repair

Now I have two Inbound and one Outbound Audirvana Firewall Rules and so far all is well again. Don’t forget In Audirvana Settings > Miscellaneous > Turn OFF “Prevent Screen from Going to
Sleep”.

Hope this helps.

Update to my last post:

I am very sad to report that rebuilding firewall rules was a fail. I still have to completely shut off Windows Defender Firewall to have reliable connectivity between Audirvana Remote and Audirvana that does not drop over time and stay dropped.

I am out of ideas.

Hallo,
I am coming back to the problem with the Samsung Tab S2. I work with a Samsung Note II and a Samsung Tab2. The remote is running well on the Note II, but the Tab S2 is not recognizing the computer on which audirvana is running. Is the problem with the Tab S2 localized? It would be very nice if the remote would work also on the Tab!
Thanks for looking into that.

Yes those are the versions I use.

Hello. i have same problem. I have bought Audirvana today and after 10 hours, i couldn’t make the connection between my phone and my comp.
I have only 1 internet connection , means no 2,4ghz/ 5 ghz issue
I have last audirvana version
I have Windows 10 with all updates.
I have samsung galaxy S7, A10, A20. No one can connect to my comp… I checked all settings in Windows 10 as mentionned.
I had connection only 5 min then dissappered. Meantime i installed roon and it works without any problem.

The only thing , i see different is ;
“allow an applpication via a firewall , make sure that the file audirvanaplus.exe is allowed to acces network.” … there is no audirvanaplus.exe file, and there is only audirvana with no extension.
However ronn has roon.exe and it Works…

somebody can help me? and why it is so complicated?

1 Like