Audirvana Remote connection issue to Windows 10

I discovered that if is activated iPhone/iPad Audirvana Remote cannot discover the server

Thanks, I checked and the Personal Hotspot was disabled on my Android Phone.

Like everyone else, I tried all the steps pinned at the top of this thread, but the Audirvana remote app on my iPad drops every time the iPad goes to sleep! Very frustrating!

USERS WHO PAID FOR v3.5 SHOULD NOT BE CHARGED FOR ANY FUTURE FIX OF THE REMOTE APP!

1 Like

I left Roon and bought the licence for Audirvana last week. Today I can’t connect to my Intel Nuc W10. I turned off everything about firewall, removed and reinstalled the apps but there is no difference. Sometimes it connects but that time when I play something from my local library it disconnects again. I didn’t think that I will be regret this soon.
Now what should I do? Should I buy a Mac Mini? I see people living connecting problems on Mac OS as well. Is there a definite solution?

I too left Roon and am now unfortunately regretting it. The remote has been an issue for over a year and they do not seem eager to fix or address anything. Audirvana was a total waste of $100. The remote worked for me when I was using a Mac and a streamer, but now I have a dedicated Windows 10 machine hooked directly to my DAC. I have gotten the remote to work once with Windows 10, but it only worked for about one song. Total garbage.

1 Like

I have a very new HP Win10 solid state laptop with 12gigs of ram.
I have an andriod Phone 3 years old - tablet fairly new as well 3-4 years… I dont buy anything cheap- middle of the road or better…
I just downloaded audirvana. I put the remote app on my phone and was quite excited with the user interface and ability of app to control the program. It connected to the computer with out issue.
The only reason I put it on my phone was cause my andriod tablet was not near. I would rather the large screen on tablet…
So I grabbed my tablet and down load the remote app… after dozens of attempts the app on the tablet just simply will not see the computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled almost half a dozen times now on both platforms and this tablet and computer simply wont talk to each other in regards to audirvana. I have even uninstalled the app on phone and tried only with tablet and still nothing.
After all that, I have unin/reinstall on phone and bam no problem just sees the lap top and it works without issue.
Is there an issue with the computer app here where it only accepts one remote app? Its basically seen the app on the phone and thats it no more remote other than that one.
I cant figure this out …
Any advise would be great.

1 Like

Did you try restarting your router? You didn’t mention it.
That often sorts it out (in my own case, it’s always sorted it out.).

I use an Android phone and an iPad as remotes for Audirvana.
No problems. :slightly_smiling_face:

I did at one point.
Only the phone can be used as a remote… Like I said in my previous post its as though because that remote was registered first it doesn’t want to be discoverable by another…
I remember constant issues with Jriver remote like this, which is why I gave up on it quite some time ago…
I was hoping this program would be the answer to spending money on a dedicated streamer but its looking like I wont be getting past the trial period…
Day 1, four hours of trouble shooting/connection issues…

OK.
So do it again. It’ll take you mere minutes - that’s all you have to lose.
If it works you can thank me another day. :wink:

All I can tell you is that I have both an Android phone and an iPad working just fine as remotes for my Audirvana system, and that whenever I’ve had remote connection problems simply rebooting the router has solved them.

So… when will Audirvana fix this issue? Never? It is bad when I use my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra as a remote for the Audirvana PC-APP. It gets a lot worse if use it when Audirvana is set to stream with my Marantz AVR. A Programm that demands a restart after two songs so it can be used again is not a programm, but a bug. Well, 100 USD flushed down the toilet it seems.

1 Like

I wish I could thank you but unfortunately this tablet (Galaxy Tab S2) is just not going talk with this program… I had some issues getting my phone connected as well but its working now…
This whole remote app issue is unfortunate because the program is actually really good and the fact that it will run Tidal in it is such a bonus.
I noticed that through the remote app on the phone I am not able to access my own playlists that I personally made in Tidal… That’s kind of a bummer because I’ve been in the process of making those playlists for years now…
I dunno what to say, I wanna give these guys my money but if I’m paying I need things to work…

Hi all,

I am a new trial user for Audirvana, and I am really excited about the program. Put it on my windows 10 network computer and have it connected to all my network media players. Works perfect, DSD and HD audio all works.
A big BUT is still the remote app, that would make me pay $100 for the license. No way to make it connect, I have tried all the above and even bought another external wifi receiver, so the computer and my iPhone/iPad connect to the same 5Ghz wifi network.
Please put all effort to make this remote app work without a hassle, else I am afraid you will lose a lot of (new) users.

After the recent update which should “fix conncetion problems”, there is no more connection at all. “Great Job” lol.

1 Like

Have the same issue…after the recent fix of connection problems I have no more a connection and I do not get it working …how can I fallback to the previous version?

Same issue here. Android does not find PC. Corrected this. Was running McAfee internet security. Shut off Firewall and remote app saw the PC. Windows Firewall took over and Audirvana entry was in the list.

Same issue.
It seems that your pairing rules between the PC and the remote require the use of a single WiFi network (not just the same between the 2) for a generated code.
However, in a house, there can be several networks with changes depending on how the devices are configured or as needed.
So for this to work, so far I’ve had to stop the apps on the PC and the remote device, then make sure both are connected on the same network name, then restart them. 2 applications.
If unfortunately one of the 2 devices automatically change network and I switch to the common network initially chosen. It doesn’t work anymore. I have to start over: close the apps on the 2 terminals, choose the same network again, restart the apps on the 2 terminals, always starting with the PC of course.
Sometimes I also have to restart the router.
This way of working is totally abnormal. I suggest you review this part of the remote code. All other applications that work in analog remote mode work fine. Why do it differently?
Finally, since the last update, no problem to connect via a last generation iPad Air according to this operating mode but impossible with an updated Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
I thank you in advance !

Been having connection problems with Audirvana Remote throughout the year. No response from Audirvana support team except the same instructions to check the networks. Several times I managed to get the code done and even saw the folders but then the connection stopped and never returned.

Today, I have tried using WI-Fi connection between my PC and my router and I was glad to browse the folders and even start the track but then the connection dropped again and never returned.

This proves that my network set up is fine, the problem is in the Adirvana app and it is a crying shame that the company cannot resolve such a simple but very essential feature in the paid software.

Tried with Samsung Note 4 and Хiaomi Mi 9 and some other Android phones.

Hi all,
I decided to pay for Audirvara as an option besides Jriver (I have JR27). What I like about Audirvara is the possibility to connect to Tidal. That is great. But as many people here, the remote app never make me comfortable. It took quite some efforts to include the exe file to the whitelist of windows firewall or check router ports… (I can not imagine how a normal music lover with basic computer skill can do this). And even when you have connected once to the PC, you are not sure you can get connected the next time. Please try the improve the remote app.
Even the free Gizmo app for JR could already a far better benchmark. The player is grear but the remote. Btw, I install the remote on Samsung S10+.

Bonjour ,
A parcourir ce topic , je remarque que je suis le seul a m’exprimè en Français , heureusement que google translate existe et ça me permet de comprendre les soucis de tout les membres de ce topic et je vois que je suis pas le seul a avoir de problème avec audirvana remote .
j’ai acheté une licence le 10 septembre 2020 et tout fonctionné a merveille , le logiciel en lui même, ainsi que Audirvana remote et c’était super , cette licence je l’utilise sur deux ordinateur, un mac et un pc sous windows10, puisque dans les conditions d’achat et d’utilisations je peux le faire , j’ai deux DAC un pour chaque système d’exploitation, et bien sur jamais une utilisation en même temps ,quand j’écoute un l’autre est éteint , et depuis quelques jours disons la dernière mise a jour je crois , impossible de me connecté sur mon pc windows10 sans avoir des bug a la chaines et pourtant j’ai tout suivi a la lettre ce que Damien nous a conseillé de faire, j’ai même réinstallé windows 10 pour être sur , et malheureusement ça donne rien de positif , ça détecte et ça bloque au début de la chanson, après la télécommande ne sert a plus rien, que des erreurs inconnu ou veuillez vous connecté sur le même réseau et pourtant rien a changer dans mon installation, par contre une chose que je ne comprend pas,pourquoi ça fonctionne sans problème avec mon mac et pas windows10 .
J’utilise une TABs4 samsung comme télécommande , j’ai testé avec un S8 un iphone 11 et ça donne rien sous windows , a quand ce problème sera résolu???
salutations.

What should be checked regarding the router ports? I tried a different router and it did not help.