Audirvana remote use crashes Audirvana 3.5 for MacOS

So, I reported this problem 5 days ago. I’m sure others did much earlier. Where is this ‘quick’ fix? Where is Audirvana? Has anyone heard from them? Fyi I run my own business. If any of my customers have a problem, I get back to them immediately, or certainly within 24 hours. That goes double for a fatal flaw. I also list all of my contact information everywhere. Where is Audirvana’s? Is it even possible to get a refund? Are there 3rd party remote software options available? Shameful indeed.

It happens to me too :imp::facepunch:

When I use the remote app with tidal Audirvana crashes. It does not happen with every cd/song I choose but it is repeatable. The first so g on the Eric Clapton unplugged live album seems to always do this. this song plays when chosen from the Audirvana app itself. Other songs selections from Tidal also cause this problem.

Also I noticed that the played song does not always match what I chose, yet the display indicates that the chosen song is active.

Hello - same problem here. The A+ remote crashes the desktop Audirvana on my Macmini every time I change the album on Tidal. No issues with Local albums. I hope they fix this quickly.
Thanks
Mish

I am having the same problem. It seems if you search for a title that is not on a playlist it crashes the desktop. I am using the latest iPad and mac book pro with all updated software. I also use only Tidal streaming. As a side note, it is very hard to tell on the remote software which album is the Hi Rez version.

Hello Everyone, thank you for your report regarding the crashing of Audirvana using the Remote App. We are currently testing a fix with a group of users to see if we can push the fix in a update of Audirvana 3.5 for Mac. I will post on this thread when the update will be available.

1 Like

Hi I did the update to 3.5.32 and the remote crashes the player. Also it can’t find Tidal now.

I’m having a similar problem since the update. I can log into Tidal, and the remote app crashes the desktop app, but only when using Tidal. It actually works fine with Qobuz (trial version). Mac OS Catalina and ios for remote app.

Hello @nymike, the crash happen when you try to play a music from Tidal or when you are in the Tidal section of the Remote?

The crash occurs when you try play Tidal music form the remote. I can browse and search for music in Tidal.

Hello Damien

I am crashing a lot since last update as well using remote or from my Mac.

In most cases I will crash if am browsing new Tidal tracks or artist tracks from remote.

Please let me know if u like me to send you Apple crash reports.

Hello @mazuly, can you send us your crash report at support@audirvana.com ?

Same issue.navigating to a different albums song(using tidal)bang crashes app on Mac mini and disconnects from remote app on iPad.

There’s a whole thread about this:
https://community.audirvana.com/t/audirvana-remote-use-crashes-desktop-audirvana

I powered up my Ultrarendu and then started Audirvana. I was prompted to upgrade to v3.5.32, which I did. I then reconnected to Tidal as instructed. However, I’m unable to play music through my Ultrarendu and It worked fine last night. The LED on the back of my uR is orange and I reseated the SD and internal card too. Is there any way the Audirvana upgrade could have bricked my uR? I don’t know if the uR had booted up successfully or not, prior to performing the Audirvana S/W update. Seems like they might be related. I’m running v27 of the uR S/W. Also, I can’t access the uR via Sonicorbiter and the ethernet checks out OK. I have sent a similar email to Sonore.

I emailed it today Damien.

Hello everyone, I confirm the one written by Damien3 …
I am one of those users who is testing the new version …

I have already tested the .2 and the .3 but the problem always remains!
At this point let them work in peace, you don’t need to flood the community with too many messages!
The problem exists and they are aware of it and are working to solve it!

1 Like

At the moment I use with ipad google remote desktop but every 2 minutes I have to redo login … :mask::facepunch: it only happens to me if I go to play an album, if I surf in tidal it doesn’t crash.

then dear kids it would seem that they solved the problem …
I am testing the release.4 and for now everything is fine, no crash!

1 Like