Audirvana Remote with AO in offline mode

Hi,
I am using a trial version of Origin in offline mode. So far I have not been able to get the remote to work. When opening it, my Mac mini is not shown, although both the Mac mini and the remote share the same WIFI offline network.
Using a network with internet access the remote app works properly.
I hope Antoine will read this here as he hasn´t found the time to answer my questions I sent him in an email.
Best,
Urs

Unfortunately I have to add another grave bug. From time to time (there is no way to predict this) my normal playback volume decreases to either a very low volume or to a volume where can hear nothing at all. Sometimes after 20 sec. tone comes back sometimes I have to restart Audirvana to be able to listen normally.
I am sure this is a bug of audirvana as this does not happen when using Music (former iTunes).

Best,
Urs

Hello,

Does your device has a remote control? Are you able to see the decrease in sound?

Hi Antoine,
No it has no remote control. The picture shows: “Lautstärkeregelung inaktiv”. So the volume slider in the lower right corner can´t be moved.
As some users said, upsampling - which I have preferred so far - can cause volume problems, I will give that way a try today to see what happens.
You asked me in your email: “Which version of MacOS do you have and do you have other software started at the same time as Audirvāna Origin while you have this SysOpt issue?”

1. It is MacOS 10.15.7
  2. It is only Origin running.
    Furthermore you wrote that your remote app needs internet access to work properly, is it planned (or can it be planned) for future updates to make it work in offline mode as well?
    Best,
    Urs

Hi Antoine,
For some reasons I have to stick to MacOS Catalina. For security reasons I don´t fancy to be online all the time when listening to music. That is why I would like the remote app to work offline too.
Best,
Urs

P.S. As long as you can´t provide this possibility it would be a good idea to inform people on your homepage that this app is working online only.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.