Audirvana shows duplicate tracks of the same album

Hello there,

facing the same issue while trying out Audirvana on a Mini Mac with the files stored on my NAS.
Has the problem with the double entries been fixed? Would be a serious setback for me when contemplating about buying the license…
Also Audirvana seems to handle id tags (e.g. album name) somewhat different from what I can see when reading tags with kid3.

Regards

Andibuch

Hello @Andibuch
We are waiting for the next update. Don’t change ID3 tags with Audirvana until the database issues are fixed. I’m positiv, that this will be fixed. In version 2 this was a main critics, that the database handling was not comfortable. With version 3 it got better. Messing up databases would be a killer factor for any app. That’s why they will fix it - hopefully soon. Until then I use the iTunes integrated mode (using the iTunes UI plays files over Audirvana).
Can you specify the differences from Audirvana to kid3? I use Yate: Audirvana writes most of the tags in the same manner. Comments tag of Audirvana messes up a lot (see my prior posting).

Thanks @o99, had the following tag issue: In Audirvana I had a wrong “Albumtitel” that didn´t match with “Album” in kid3. I couldn´t trace the wrong Audirvana Albumtitel anywhere in the kid3 tags. So I changed it manually in Audirvana which then did work.

Hello again: I´m back after repairing my 5500+ damaged tracks. It seems, that Audirvana 3.5.30 (3560) almost solves the problems. Great thank you! :slight_smile:
I had one issue, that happened in earlier versions too: changing the cover art of one album lead to showing the correct cover art down on the left side (playing track) but the old cover art in the overview of all albums (library) and top left in the open view of that album. By removing and readding that album, the problem was solved.

For what it’s worth I’m running a Synology NAS, connected to a Mac Mini, and have this duplicate problem. RunHomeSlow’s solution solved the issue, but only temporarily.
Just left the NAS to reindex overnight. Then checked, rebuilt, and defragmented Audirvana’s database. No change.
Heard talk of an incoming A+ update that may address it. Fingers crossed.

Good and easier, if you back up this file: …/Library/Application Support/Audirvana/AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite after having set up everything in a correct manner. When problems reappear, you replace the corrupted file by your backup and problems are solved - until they come back.

I run 2 copies of A: one with my Library on a NAS, one with my Library on an external HDD. The 2nd setup has less problems than the NAS version. iTunes handles the NAS version better than A, but has also problems that reoccur.

Maybe the next update…

My database was so messed up that when I reimported playlists, selecting a song often played an unrelated artist and song.
I deleted the Audirvana database and prefs files, reindexed my NAS via Synology’s software.
I’m rebuilding my playlists from scratch, hoping the issue has been resolved with these steps. I hope the problems stay resolved as long as I don’t change anything in the iTunes library while Audirvana’s running.

Rebuilding from scratch is good. At the end of this process you should make a backup of the audirvana database. Audirvana seems to have problems to detect and process certain changes in the librarry while it is running. Maybe the next update will solve it.
Lately I got an advertisement mail from audirvana, that says A is syncronising immediately its database after adding new files to the database. Sounds good but doesn’t work in all circumstances until now.

I have noticed that if you inadvertently add an album to the same playlist twice, all tracks will be shown two times, although the album will only be shown once in the playlist. If you add the album again, all tracks will be shown three times, although the album only once, and so on. It would be good if this could be fixed.

Yes, that’s an old hassle of A.
Question to @Antoine: Could it be implemented in A like in iTunes, where you are asked if you want to add a track again to a playlist or not?

Using the latest A+ (3.5.35) I still have duplicates being created of certain tracks. I also had random tracks from completely different artists sometimes playing when I selected a song in a playlist.

I had reinstalled Audirvana, deleted my library and all my preferences. I also reindexed my NAS.After that deep reset, I was also faithfully quitting Audirvana before making any changes to songs in iTunes (iTunes manages my content, but I wasn’t using the Audirvana’s iTunes library synch function). None of this made any difference.

Only a handful of people seem to have similar issues. In assuming this is a problem with storing content on a Synology NAS, I’ve just copied all my music onto the local drive and will see how that goes.

I’m also using A 3.5.35, one Mac with a LaCie NAS, one Mac with an external HDD. This 2nd setup functions more or less without any problem since the last updates. As you I’m very careful not to change anything when A is running. Today I found 2 duplicates, that I deleted: problem solved.
Regarding the NAS setup, which I use less, there are similar problems as in your description - less often than earlier. Maybe this topic here is helpful: NAS/HDD recommendation

Using Audirvana Mac Version 3.5.37 (3567)
macOS 10.14.6 with 16384MB RAM

I deleted my audirvana database - created a new one - reimported a playlist containing my old database favorites. Marked them again as favorites and initially all went well - on a second restart some duplicates where there agian. I once more deleted the database and duplicates reappeared on the first database again however they were “grayed out” but playable on double click… Damien, any idea what may be causing this?

Where are your files located? Are they in a NAS, locally or in an external device?

External drive mounted via Thunderbolt

@Antoine - any ideas of what to try? many thanks to you and others for input

since my last message you should had an update of Audirvana. Can you try to remove your folder and add it again?

A 3.5.38, MacOS 10.14, library on external HDD, all tests OK.
In my library A shows 1 white and 1 gray track (the same track). Some of the gray tracks can be deleteted, some not. Watching into an other album and going back to the previous album: the gray tracks reappear, that I deleted 1 minute before.
Sometimes the count of tracks in the head represents the real existing white tracks, sometimes it represents the sum of the white and gray tracks, even if the gray tracks are not shown.

Interstingly in my 2nd setup (A 3.5.38, MacOS 10.12, library on a NAS, all tests OK) this problem does not exist.

Hi everyone!
I also have a similar problem and nothing seems to resolve this bug. I’m running Audirvana Mac Version 3.5.42 (3572) on a macOS 10.13.6 with 16GB RAM and use a Synology NAS to store my music files. I tried to remove the remote folder from the “1st method: monitored folders” but even so Audirvana shows the albums. So removing the folder and adding it again has no practical effects.
Did anyone solve this problem yet?