Audirvana skips second track when streaming from Tidal

Hi, I’ve posted several issues none of which was answered, so I’ll report another one )

If I stream from Tidal via DLNA to ARCAM CDS27, Audirvana skips the secont track very often. I start the first track from the album, and after track ends, Audirvana skips to the third track. Every next track plays in right order - 4,5,6,7 so on.

1025 - Unfortunately no improvement. Still skips the second track.

Btw. Am I the only one with this issue? ))

It seems your ARCAM network has a bug similar to one in the Cambridge players where:

1. It is not able to do gapless playback
  2. So it stops at the end of each track. As a workaround, Audirvana Plus immediately requests to restart playback with the next track. And there the netwok fails to restart playback, telling it is stopping. So Audirvana Plus requests playback of the track after.

Hi, Damien,

You are right, there is no gapless playback support in CDS27. But I used to steam Tidal via Bubbleupnp from smartphone, and via bubbleupnp sever (installed on raspberry pi) + linn kazoo from pc - none of them skipped tracks. So maybe there is a possibility to find a workaround it in the future. Btw, Audirvana never skipped tracks after 2 (or at least i’ve never noticed it).

P.S. Audirvana switches tracks faster, than all other solutions I’ve tried. That’s nice )

I had the same problem when streaming from Tidal via DLNA to my Yamaha BD-A1060 Player,only it was even worst than just
the second track it would also skip other tracks at random, To correct this problem I changed the Audirvana settings in
the Yamaha player connection,Low level playback options, There I increased the Max. memory allocated for tracks pre-load
to 1500 MB., Since then I have had Zero tracks skipped on ANY of the albums that I have played, I can`t say that this will work
on All other players but it is certainly worth a try, It definitely worked well for Me.
(You may need to try different settings than the 1500 MB that I used.)

Hi everybody!
Noticed the same yesterday, guess for the first time. I am using Yamaha NP-2000 via DLNA. Some time ago I reduced this buffer size. I encountered dropouts, it was just a try… The real reasons for dropouts were in my WLAN, I guess. Several updates later and now with Ethernet, this was gone. I will check, if changing buffer size makes a difference…

BR,
BB

Hi, thanx for advice, but i’ve got 8Gb allocated for Audirvana ) I’ll try to increase it, but don’g think it’ll help )

It got much worse with last updates. Now Audirvana skips literrlly every second track…

There is no such problem with Foobar2000 dlna pugin or BubbleUPnP, streaming Tidal from Android. I’ve used Linn Kazoo through BubbleUPnP Server installed on raspberry py - there also was no skipps.

So Audirvana is the only one skipping tracks from four solutions. Hope you’ll fix it, cos now I only can listen in “shuffle” mode…

I’ve recorded a video, how it “works” now… It was much better with first releases…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QvMVVlhgf4&feature=youtu.be

1038 - Still the same

It has to be streamer dependant. I’m using a Yamaha WXC-50. I’m not seeing this problem. I did increase my max memory for the device to 3100 mb. All my devices are wired, no Wi-Fi.

My devices are WI-Fi, but it works fine with BubbleUpnp

1043, connected everything with cables - same results.

Update.

Now Audirvana detects native DSD support of my player (it didn’t on the early versions) and I can stream DSD over PCM1.0 and 1.1. It seems to work better, skips are still there but not so many. And now if it skipps, it does not play the next track. It can play just fine first 10 tracks, but then it skips to 12, and i get “unsupported file” error on my player, and playback stopps.

Still does not work! Can I expect it to work in the future?

I went back and re-read this thread from the start. What I get from reading it is that back in July the DEV said your device has a bug, does not support gapless, so Audirvana tries to recover by pushing another track to it. It appears you are hoping for a result that isn’t likely to happen. This is just my opinion from what I see wriiten. I don’t know the dev or his plans, and i could be totally wrong. Take care.

Hi there. I am a new user of Audirvana. I am using the software on 2 different systems. System 1: Surface pro3, Windows 10 and tidal plus a NAS device. I am using a Meridian Prime headphone amplifier as DAC on my main system Pathos TT amps with bi-amped Martin Logan SL3’s. The second system is a Surface Book 2 and Tidal with Chord Mojo headphone amp as DAC only and Beyerdynamic A1 headphone amp to power Sennheiser HD800 headphones. I am encountering the same issue on both systems whereby the A+ remote app will play track 1 and then jump to any track it feels like. If I just start an album or playlist from the software on either Surface and don’t use the remote app everything works fine. Any thoughts as to why this should be. I downloaded the app three weeks ago so I assume it is the latest version although some advice as to where to find the version number on both the IOS app and the main Audirvana software would be helpful. Thanks in anticipation of a reply as I think the software is otherwise excellent sounding and I have recommended it to two friends who have also purchased it and are having the same issue. I feel slightly responsible having given them a glowing report of how good Audirvana is. BTW the A+ software is running on an older Ipad with IOS 10.3.3 and a 12 inch Ipad Pro. with IOS 12.0.1.

I have found the version no. for the main software. It has just updated itself and is 1.2.6 (1044). Still can’t find the version no. of A+ though.

If you would read carefully, you should notice, that the same device works without any skips with 3 different other players:

1. BubbleUpnp player on Android
  2. Linn Kazoo via BubbleUpnpSerever installed on raspberry pi
  3. Arcam MusicLife app for Iphone

So I don’t think, there is a bug in my device, but in Audirvana. And yes, I hope, that dev will fix it, because now it’s unusable. Wouldn’t you?

P.S. 1.2.6 same issues

1 Like

Ok, I’ve noticed very strange thing now, I didn’t notice before.

I’ve switched to compact view, and as there are about 4 minutes of actual track to play, Audirvana already scheduled the wrong next track! So I really don’t think, its a hardware problem. At least, the track skip happens not at the moment of track change, and there is plenty of time for Audirvana to figure out, that it scheduled the wrong track.

And it skips only if the wrong track is scheduled! From the compact view it always switches to the track, scheduled as “next” - there are no skips at actual track switch. It plays the track, that it has scheduled.

1 Like