Windows 11 - Can't select local files

Looks as though this worked! I will be back if I can’t get the directories to load, but, if this resolves this as I think it will, thanks so very much for your help.

Thanks @ChrisJW for the solution which fixed the same issue on my computer. On the other side, the fix prevents Desktop folder from being synced to OneDrive, but I need this feature. I believe some others do too.

My 2c - This issue is nobody’s fault, but for Audirvana, it’d be ideal to try to optimize the software by any chance, in this case for example, maybe change default Add Folder location to My Computer. So no other users would ask how to solve this problem again and again.

1 Like

Hi @abedon ,

For the moment we can’t change this but we will do as soon as Microsoft as done the update to let us do this

1 Like

Hi Antoine.
Good day to you.
After update aurdivana cannot add library.
When press add folder, it shows only browse from Desktop.
Please help me on this issue.
Thank you.

Hi @shin,

Please try the solution described on this thread.

Hi Antoine, thank you.

Hi,

I cannot perform a folder browse using latest version. Only Desktop folder is accesible. Is this by design or its a bug? Windows 11 22621.1105

Hi @drg, please take a look at the solution of this thread

Hi @Antoine , thanks for moving the post, but why can this be fixed in a future audirvana release without needing to change onedrive settings?

Because we can’t change the popup window as we want for the moment but as soon as we can change it, we will do it.

My browser not show the post from @ChrisJW. :grinning:
– so my solution is not need

Maybe a little help, I had it too and was able to fix it on my own.

I think Audirvane passes a URL to the what is invalid or wrong window.

Try right-clicking on the desktop icon and then going to properties. Remember the location (Path). Now go to the location in Windows Explorer and delete or move the Desktop folder.

Mine had one that was empty, check if you don’t have any data there.

It should be empty. Then try again in Audirvana. On my side now I can browses all Files and Drives.

Please remember, try this on your own risk :slight_smile: You can also cut the existing folder and move to diffrent location to be secure.

I just started today with Audirvana and I think it wasn’t a good start.
The “OneDrive” problem is not the One Drive problem, it is the Audirvana problem and the developers have to put their shoulders and fix it.
The “solution” with the OneDrive is not a solution, it is a workaround.
Coming from Roon that changed the prices…because it seems they still can, I will give a chance to Audirvana, even if I was irritated that I have to make another account for this forum, because it doesn’t work with my new Audirvana account.
I briefly saw a bunch of QA issues, but I will put them later in the proper channels.

Hi @CristianG

Huge issues with One Drive. Not just Audirvana.

Try here: 15 Solutions to OneDrive Not Syncing Your Files in 2023

Phil

If we could, we would already have fixed this issue but we can’t at the moment since there is a component that need to be developed by Microsoft to be used by us. We try our best to find a way for users having this issue to be able to use the software even with this OneDrive issue.

Remember that this issue does not affect all users, which is why the workaround from Microsoft is here.

Hello - it is the first software I see with this problem. There are many others that can scan at the installation or after, so, sorry, I don’t get it why this is a Microsoft problem. Or maybe, instead to wait, you should have another approach or solution. Thank you.

It is a common Microsoft Windows/OneDrive problem. See the following links:

Browse For Folder Only Shows Desktop: 5 Ways to Fix It (windowsreport.com)

Windows 11 Browse For Folder Dialog Issue - Only Desktop - Microsoft Community

Microsoft admits it themselves.

Audirvana is not the only program having this issue. Probably you are lucky you have only seen this in Audirvana. I have seen this issue in other programs which use the standard Microsoft ‘Browse for folder’ dialog API too. This problem was never there but occured after a Windows update a couple of months ago.

The proposed workaround (not synchronizing the desktop with OneDrive) is harmless, easy to apply and fixes the problem for now. Probably Microsoft is going to fix this in a coming update.

1 Like

Being an IT professional I fixed it immediately, without help: I deactivated OneDrive and I choose my NAS paths and I activated again. I’m saying that not audiophiles are IT guys so it should be transparent and easy for them. Thanks.

Well, being an IT proffesional, perhaps you could have shared your easy fix before dissing Audirvana for a problem not of their making.
Just my opinion.

As usual, an welcome opinion.
Do you know what Samsung, Nvidia, Microsoft, Lufthansa, MSI, Garmin, Sony, Videotron, Epson, Canon, Cookit, Google, YouTube, TD, Avermedia, Poste Canada, WayFair, PointZero, Capital One, Dell and many more have today in common, at least and and in the latest weeks for me? : The QA.
Take actions and write as I’m doing. Instead of patches, beta versions where all we are the guinea-pigs, it will be better if they do, how it should be, their homework. This is one of the light cases.
(for some reason Google put all these messages from Audirvana in my SPAM…)