Audirvāna Studio Feedback

Audirvana Studio works now with HRA streaming when played from my Mac. Version 1.55
The Audirvana remote does NOT work for HRA streaming.
Please update the remote.

After restart of my Ipad, I make a correction:
Audirvana Remote also works for HRA streaming. Looks like all ok now.
Thank you Damien.

2 Likes

Analyzing of my music files has finally been completed! I had to keep making smaller folders and reinstall them to find out what was causing my problems and then renaming some of them. I believe it was as MikeO and sandsOfArrakis suggested that certain symbols like quotation marks, % and the 2 dots above the letter O and similar things were preventing the analyzing to be completed. It was very time consuming as I also reinstalled 1.5.5 twice starting from scratch each time. No such problems ever occurred with Bluesound, Jriver or Logitech Media Server which I also use.
Now I am unable to make Playlists from my Library on AS after being able to do so previously. I can make them fine on 3.5 and AS using Qobuz.
Big thanks to all the great suggestions I got here from Doudou, sandsOfArrakis, MikeO and others here.

3 Likes

Yes my question too.

Hey guys. I’m facing some issue while scrolling albums. The best way to describe was recording the screen. Not happened this time but some times the program crashes…

I get this too. I reported it here: Local Artist page - graphical glitch - #8 by lucretius

@Antoine

This problem still exists in Studio 1.5.6 (Windows)

I hope they fix it.

1 Like

I must say that version 1.5.6 works quite nicely on my side.
The scrolling speed issues I had on earlier releases are now gone.

Now I need last.fm integration instead on relying on my python script, and maybe a future Apple Music integration (yeah, sorry Qobuz, but an Euro is an Euro…)

1 Like

Bonsoir, oui en effet cela marche de cette façon. Mais aucun retour a ce sujet de la part de Damien.
D’autre part en surechantillonnant il apparaît un craquement en début de lecture de chaque fichier en mode Kernel, pas en mode Asio ou Wasapi. Désagréable.

Ok, I decided to give Studio a try.
I noticed it tried to import my old 3.5 library but when finished, it started to analyse the folders with audio files. And this is taking ages… Started yesterday and 24H after it barely reaches 1/3 of the total amount as shown in the progress bar.
What shall I do, as we have no log available to understand what is going on (Corrupted DB?)?
Shall I stop it, delete the library and restart? Shall I put my old library aside so that it can rebuild something new?

Thanks for any help.

Maybe import your folders in bits , if you can split your library so you import smaller chunks ?

1 Like

The progress bar is not reliable at all. It can show 90% progress and still run for a week.
All depends on how many tracks you have to scan, and if you run AS under Mac or PC. If your library is big, and you run the PC version, the analysis may take a few weeks.

2 Likes

I’ve had this issue with the Windows version of AS. If you are using Windows open up Task Manager and see if Audirvana Studio still uses the CPU and if there is hard disk activity. If both answer as no, then the program has likely frozen because of a corrupted database.

Other symptoms I’ve had relating to frozen AS was the inability to close the program by clicking on the X button in the menu bar. Or rightclicking on the AS icon on the taskbar and selecting close program also didn’t work. Only killing AS in Task Manager would.

I’ve ended up with splitting my library in smaller chunks and then importing one chunk at a time. When a chunk was imported succesfully I would create a backup of the library. So that if the next chunk failed, I could just copy the backup and the program would function again.

You can find the database file here
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana***\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana\AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite

Audirvana*** has a different name on each computer. AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite is the actual database file.

Make sure you have set up Explorer so it shows hidden files.

On my Mac I didn’t have any issues at all :smiley:

1 Like

This is because you were lucky to start your trial after the MusicBrainz tag became optional.

1 Like

thanks Mike for the tip. But, I used the very same folder with the 3.5 version and the process was significantly faster.
Maybe I will try to put the library in a different folder and rebuild it from scratch.

This is the method I also used after spending a couple of weeks attempting to get Studio to finish analysing my library.
Following a clean install of Studio I simply created a new folder on the drive containing my music files, pointed Studio to this new location (so a nice blank database), and then MOVED my files across to this new folder alphabetically. I periodically closed Studio and made a copy of the database file, and then re-opened Studio and started moving the next batch across. Whenever the synch failed I’d restore the last known good database and skip the folders in question.
I then moved these ‘faulty’ folders across individually, giving me a chance to detect folders which may contain something Studio doesn’t like (in my case it was a ‘%’ sign in a filename that caused Studio to freeze whilst synching).

I believe a few others on here have done similar.

This is also true.
I found that my compilation albums took far longer to analyse, possibly due to the varying nature of the multiple artists concerned?

A3.5 and AS don’t scan the same way.
AS is analyzing the acoustic fingerprint of your tracks, sends it to the servers of MusicBrainz, and then writes a MusicBrainz ID tag in its database.
This process is very long.

1 Like

You are fully right about the reliability of the progress bar: sometimes it jumps to 80% and then goes back to 30% after a short time.
What should be done in my humble opinion is:
1/ To have a progress info as a disk whose inner part may count in % from 1 to 10 and the outer part counting in 10th of percents. That would take a smaller space on the GUI and will indicate if the process is still running or stuck
2/ To have some level of log in a file so that we can better know if there is something wrong.

1 Like

Ironz,

I see that you worked very hard with this analysis. You moved folders, saved the database, restored it, detected rebellious folders…
How long did it take you to finish it?

Ok, I see. Not sure to fully understand the added value of this new process but at least this explains why it takes so much time to analyse the audio folders.
It’s also fair to say that my folder (and sub folders) contains 5800 albums and 87000 tracks…