Audirvāna Studio Feedback

Yes, thought this might be a source of confusion/concern. It appears to go ahead and analyze in any case. It just doesn’t write the tags from the analysis to your local files unless you opt in.

I’m still experiencing the occasional bug. But I have got to say, when it is working (which it’s doing most of the time for me), what a joy, pleasure, an absolute riot it is to listen to music with this thing! The sound is great.

2 Likes

Hi jud, why the sound should be different or am i missing a better configuration?

how is the quality of sound improved , there is a technical explanation to this?

I have no technical explanation, just my perception.

In my system, it sounds more like 3.5 in the upper mids and treble.

1 Like

(Will Audirvana remote continue to support 3.5)

Here is Damien responding to the Remote problem 10 days ago. Patience.

10d

• Hello @MikeO and @Mark01,

• You will still be able to use the Remote with 3.5, we will make an update of the Remote when it will be ready for Studio.

• After the update it will automatically detect whether you have launched Audirvana 3.5 or Studio when you launch the Remote.

Thanks for that Philip. So unless @Antoine posted another update about the remote the alleged comment about it being available in a few weeks is nonsense. All Damien needs to do is give us an honest update of an estimated time of when the remote might be available and then it might stop the needless chatter about the subject. As I posted elsewhere, even if he said it might be a month or more till available at least we would know.

1 Like

Hi gryffe

That post from Damien was 10 days ago. My guess is they are being inundated with queries and issues, not surprising considering the complicated software AS is.

By-the-way, 3.5 just got an update.

For what it is worth … I have NEVER been able to connect the Remote (MAC/ANDROID. I use Splashtop which is a work-around but works.

2 Likes

I literally can’t use Audirvana (3.5 and Studio) with Tidal. It just does not load the tracks, or it stutters, nearly any song goes through without hassle. I don’t think its because of my “old” machines I am using for playback in the living room (Mac from 2009 or Win10 Laptop from 2011. I see the “beachball” and the windows pendant a lot. Just feels awful. Kernel Streaming still does not work with my Schiit DACs.

Playback of TIDAL with App or in Roon has no problems at all. I thought about using better/fast WiFi or stuff, but this can’t be the reason.

I can’t use Qobuz either, because it stops playing after a song via UPNP to my network player.

I will stick to Roon, which I have re-subbed to right now after over one year with audirvana, until the “Alpha” (Sorry @Antoine, but Studio looks not like a release right now, you will have a lot of work coming) is over and thinks will work again.

Or I will just get a CA Streamer for 1K and enjoy music :wink:

It’s like nothing works right now, you have to work around a lot of stuff.

10 days after the launch of AS, it is time for Audirvana to communicate. The online version was not ready, that can happen but they have to admit it and announce a postponement of the test periods. I would prefer that they take the time to correct the many problems and that they announce in 1 or 2 months a new start. Because there the daily waiting of updates which do not come is unbearable. Damien please talk to us… before we give up…

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

4 Likes

Meanwhile the trial period will have run out without being able to test with a remote ?

It would help not to try and defend this omission

It really doesn’t matter to me as I cannot get AS to play to my streamer so I can’t use it or evaluate it any way. It’s a Cambridge Audio CXN v1 which works fine with other servers and apps

2 Likes

AS does only stream to CXN (over Upnp in my case) if you activate forced upsampling. Don’t know why, but it works.

My thoughts:

As I said before. When looking through local artists\albums and looking under ‘R’ at all my Rush albums, when I go back at my artist listing I get transported to the artist starting with ‘A’ at the very beginning of my artist list.

Then I have to scroll back to ‘R’ again. This is very annoying and completely unnecessary. Roon has the same problem. I don’t understand why programmers thought this would be a good idea. Especially when you have a large library. Please give us the option to change this.

I would like to have the option of a letterbox on the right side of the screen when scrolling thought local/artist/albums. It works much faster. Again, especially with large libraries.

I am very happy that under local artist/albums the albums are now sorted on release year. Hurray! Well done. However… they are sorted from most recent to older. I would like to have the option to sort from oldest to most recent as well.

Sometimes when I look at a discography of my local albums, my local, my Tidal and Qobuz albums are listed right next to each other. I have to look for the small ‘house’ or local icon to see which is which. I would like to have the option to get a clear, visible, divider that clearly separates ’local’, ‘Tidal’ and ‘Qubuz’ albums.

Please give us an option to enlarge the fonts.

And last but not least: I personally think it has been a mistake to launch this test period without the availability of the remote. It diminishes the test period and our experience of it, it gives the impression that the launch of Audirvana Studio was rushed and ill prepared.

The company should have waited with the launch of AS until the remote was ready. This looks unprofessional. We now function as beta testers and we can’t even enjoy the full experience. The test period should be extended to the end of June so we can have a full month with the remote and enjoy the full AS experience.

In spite of all my somewhat critical remarks in general, I am quite happy with AS. And while I think there is room for improvement, I like AS more than Audirvana 3.5. I am looking forward to improvements and am seriously considering subscribing.

3 Likes

I hear you!! Great Post. Also daily fluctuating Air pressure and for the smelly’s amongst us Ear Wax build up haha. Im a PMC - Qutest user amongst other equipment so I can totally relate to what you said. Ive not long got rid of a 4,4K PA system with 18" Subs and Tops I had in my room, overkill I know but why not : ) I love a Rib shaking bassline as much as I like a clinical accurate clean one. : )

Never Happy are you, sorry to hear this

1 Like

I’m not trying to defend anything. Just to enlighten. Where I can I try a substitute. I LOVE AUDIRVANA 3.5. I hope to get to really love Studio with a working remote.

All the best

Phil

@PeterFR

WOW that was well hidden, but works. How did you find that ?

The CXN Up samples internally so what does this setting do , It seems to be sending 24/192 from a 16/44.1 CD

What happens if I don’t want this extra processing ? It seems odd to force an up sampling when the DAC forces it anyway

Thanks again for the tip

Hear! Hear! Drives me mad. I’m sure this is an easy fix.

1. Back button should go back to where you last were … and the back again. Back button held or + t goes to top of file.

2. Ctl + (letter) goes to begin of nominated letter.

3. And so on…

3 Likes

Lovely idea Mr Hawk.

1 Like

Thanks. Twenty chars…