Audirvana Studio stucks on "Analysing..."

Dear all,

I’m desperately trying to resync a folder with multiple audio files. That folder was successfully synced a couple of months ago.
But now, when I click on Sync:

• AS displays “Analysing” at the top right of the windows but does not seem to do anything.
  • I really don’t know what AS is trying to analyse: I guess it’s the folder I requested to sync
  • There is NO messages in the log, altough logging is ON.
  • I did not find any SMB or AS errors even in the system log.

I’m just wondering what AS is “analysing”? It uses less than 4% of the CPU, so it’s not very intensive.
It does not use network resources either, so what is it doing?
Did it enter a kind of infinite loop somewhere? Why no error message and nothing in the log?

Just saw these messages on the console, not in the log. I’m just wondering if it has something to do with my problem. I have difficulties to figure it out what are those “containers”…

erreur 16:44:12.871573+0200 containermanagerd Could not read metadata file at [/Users/eric/Library/Containers/com.audirvana.Audirvana/.com.apple.containermanagerd.metadata.plist]; error = Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 No such file or directory UserInfo={SourceFileLine=1833, NSLocalizedDescription=<~>, FunctionName=<~>}
erreur 16:44:12.871721+0200 containermanagerd Failed to read container metadata []: (127
erreur 16:44:12.873596+0200 containermanagerd Could not read metadata file at [/Users/eric/Library/Group Containers/com.audirvana.Audirvana/.com.apple.containermanagerd.metadata.plist]; error = Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 No such file or directory UserInfo={SourceFileLine=1833, NSLocalizedDescription=<~>, FunctionName=<~>}
erreur 16:44:12.874023+0200 containermanagerd Failed to read container metadata [<~~~>]: (127
erreur 16:44:13.027715+0200 containermanagerd Could not read metadata file at [/Users/eric/Library/Containers/com.audirvana.Audirvana-Studio/.com.apple.containermanagerd.metadata.plist]; error = Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 No such file or directory UserInfo={SourceFileLine=1833, NSLocalizedDescription=<~>, FunctionName=<~>}
erreur 16:44:13.028003+0200 containermanagerd Failed to read container metadata []: (127
erreur 16:44:13.030009+0200 containermanagerd Could not read metadata file at [/Users/eric/Library/Group Containers/com.audirvana.Audirvana-Studio/.com.apple.containermanagerd.metadata.plist]; error = Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 No such file or directory UserInfo={SourceFileLine=1833, NSLocalizedDescription=<~>, FunctionName=<~>}
erreur 16:44:13.030306+0200 containermanagerd Failed to read container metadata [<~~~>]: (127

OK, I let AS running all night and guess what: still the same status, no progress at all, still “analysing”. But for god sake, analysing WHAT?
That put me back in the bad old days where I spent/wasted my time trying to figure out why such process was not able to converge at all.
What AS can do if it does not use much CPU, transfer a very small amount of data through network, and generating apparently disk activity on the NAS.
And why there is no error or warning or simply informative message? Why there is no guard in that SW, raising a warning if a particular task is not converging after several hours?

Should I try to reboot my NAS? WHat can I do?

Ok, I rebooted the NAS, and no change.
Tried with another audio folder on the NAS: starts with “Analysing” but then it converges towards “syncing” and eventually completes its job.
Not the case with the first Audio folder. And still no clear error message.
Any clue? Any help?

I will take a look at the console error you sent and report you back.

Ok, after a reboot of the NAS, and around 5 hours later, finally the Synchronisation completed for that audio folder.
I will never touch it again!! Promise I already made but I probably forgot somewhere. Everybody makes mistakes.
I still do not understand what AS does when it says 'Analysing…", …

1 Like

Just don’t let it happen again :stuck_out_tongue: At least until next week :wink: