Audirvāna Studio ETA

I hope Audirvana will not introduce a subscription payment like Roon.
Any disclosure about that?
Thanks

Matt

2 Likes

There is a post from Audirvana about Audirvana Studio on their Instagram. Somebody put a comment about Amazon HD, unclear if they were posing a question as to whether it would be included, or if they knew it will be.

This is what they put - “Amazon music hd compatibility😮”

But you do not find Amazon on the picture of the ad in the first post, only Tidal, Qobuz and HRA.

Matt

Yeah, Amazon is probably not going to be integrated this time. Damien has posted in the past about Amazon - he said this last year “So we are open to integrate their service into Audirvana, but that is the only thing we can say so far.” That said, I probably brought this up more in hope than expectation.
However, clutching totally at straws maybe they are holding back including Amazon for the Facebook launch, with a big fanfare, and balloons and streamers etc. lol

2 Likes

IMO, Amazon does not matter at all.
What really is important is Spotify.
But Spotify integration seems to be difficult to get.
If they start subscription payment I wlll stick to A3.5.

Matt

Yeah Spotify would be good - Spotify HiFi tier in CD quality apparently coming this year.

1 Like

Looks like there is a Radios link on the side navigation bar. That should make people that asked for this happy.

I really hope Audirvana will not sacrifice musicality for features.
We do not need a copy of Roon.

Matt

I use Audirvana. What is Studio?

Same, but new name, new icon

My trial just expired and was about to buy before seeing this announcement. Now I feel compelled to wait. Argh!

you could ask @Antoine what will be the delay for not having a version 4 for free?
1 month, 3, 6 months before release will be free, i don’t know

If they change the licensing model and you don’t like subscriptions, it might make sense to buy now.

So they go for a subscription model?

Matt

I don’t know more than you do, but it’s been rumoured before.

If you like Audirvana currently, it makes sense to secure perpetual license. In the worst case you’ll pay only for an upgrade. If it turns out to be true that they are changing to subscription model, you will no longer be able to buy the license for version 3.5 after the new release goes live.

If they change to a subscription model I will stay with 3.5 in the short term.
In the long term I will probably finish Qobuz/Audirvana and go with Spotify Hifi.
Even Spotify Ogg Vorbis seems to be musically superior to Audirvana/Qobuz so I have great hope for an even better Spotify Hifi.

Matt

1 Like

Maybe getting the app to actually work would be a good first step.

5 Likes

Of course Amazon Music HD matters; it’s much more better quality of sound than Spotify. You can actually not compare Spotify with the really HD quality of Amazon.
I am waiting for the integration of Amazon Music HD in Audirvana.
Martin

1 Like

Hi Martin,

I did not mention “sound quality” but “musicality”.

Matt

All I want is the audio core, I don’t care one dot for any streaming service integration - just like I didn’t playlists.

iTunes integration however, I’d be a sad man if you took that away from me.

Maybe a separate product? Audivarna Engine …

1 Like