Audirvāna Studio ETA

There are cheaper options for that. Try BitPerfect.

Looks like Apple are also getting on board the “CD quality” HiFi train if this article is anything to go by, and it looks pretty soon. It reports that by the end of the year Apple and Spotify along with the already available Amazon and Deezer platforms will offer at least CD quality, got to imagine that this will hit Qobuz and Tidal quite hard given how much cheaper they are likely to be.

Viewer responses are very negative on the webcast today. Many of the comments seem to come from current 3.5 users. Wonder why no one has commented in the community forum yet.

1 Like

They have:

I wondered how long it would take Audirvana to go after Roon after their disaster with their new software. Not too long.

However, Audirvana isn’t offering anything new, improved or different from what is available on the market today. There’s no reason to drop Roon.

The only way I would consider buying into another subscription service is it be offered at a 50% discount for a lifetime subscription. I have paid enough to Audirvana over the years. They should thank their long term customers for their support.

1 Like

I don’t think Audirvana is a direct competitor to Roon. If you’re using Roon the same way you would use Audirvana, you’re wasting your money. That comes from a Roon user.

For starters there is a significant price difference. Roon costs twice as much.

It’s true that Audirvana Studio doesn’t offer the curated metadata, which is the most important selling point for Roon, but it will offer automated tagging assistance.

Thanks! I searched and didn’t see. Glad to see what others are saying.

Thanks for that.

Looks like it suffers from the same quirks that Integrated Mode suffers from; No / Poor Airplay support and playing the wrong track sometimes, Audirvana does this if you change the iTunes playlist and now I know why.

I’ll be headed in this direction when the I inevitably can’t use Audirvana any longer as I won’t be going to Studio.

For now Audirvana nudges it slightly having support for Audio Units of which I have two to slightly warm things up.

Hopefully I’ll be solving this via some tasty hardware soon (ish).

I’m not sure what to expect from Audirvana studio as I see it more as a follower to roon than bringing real innovation. This move is just a way to survive.
I do not see the last roon release as a major issue as some here are mentioning. Perhaps not the same needs.

Anyway, I’m quite happy with the sound quality of Audirvana, even if functionalities are 10 years old, and I will give a chance and will try deeply the ne Audirvana Studio.

The question I have, is to understand when we could subscribe, install and test Audirvana Studio : any clue from the community ?

As I see it subscription only , no actual “sold” version

Hence the complaints

1 Like

According to their website, available from May 16th.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone outside the Audirvana team really knows what to expect. I’m a Roon user, and love it. BUT, I’m gonna try the new Studio for a month, compare it to Roon, and see if it’s better for me, or if Roon is better. I don’t think it’s wise for me, or anyone else, to jump to conclusions. What HAS been released about Audirvana Studio is simply a teaser. If it ends up giving me a better experience than Roon, I will continue to subscribe even though I’m, a Roon Lifetime Subscriber. The only way to know is to try it out thoroughly.

2 Likes

Deadline is coming fast. I’m sure everyone here will backup their 3.5 version and database before being updated.

If you don’t know how on a MAC:

Create a new folder on the Desktop, Call it Audirvana 3.5 or whatever.
In it, create a folder name Playlists…
First, export all your playlists to that folder you just created on your Mac.
Yes, one by one :frowning:
Close Audirvana.
Drag out Audirvana of Applications folder while maintaining ‘option’ key on the keyboard
and drag it to the 3.5 folder, this will make a copy of the software.
After, copy the 2 preferences files in your Library with ‘option’ key also.
Copy with ‘option’ key the .sqlite file (your database) to the new folder on Desktop.
If you have your serial you can put it there too :slight_smile:

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System…
When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom…
click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
and copy the .sqlite in it

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Preferences…
copy com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist and com.audirvana.Audirvana.plist

3 Likes

I was a roon fan but was hugely disappointed by roon’s poor database management. You can lose all of your data overnight and not be able to restore a functional backup, due to the absence of integrity check.

It takes time to customise metadata and create playlists. Roonlabs do not seem to care and does not provide convincing technical support in this respect.

I already have an Audirvana licence and am indeed interested in trying the new studio version. At least Damien can answer technical questions in details. This is what I call genuine technical support.

Never experienced any issue with Roon Database and backup resuming. Should be really lucky. Excited to see what Audirvana Studio would bring.

To export each playlist of Audirvana is too painful.
I will clone the boot drive of my Mac (Carbon Copy Cloner) and test AS on the cloned drive.

Now we have May 16th …

2 Likes

Indeed. I had hoped that the people at Audirvana would have made Audirvana Studio available before the US wakes up. So that the Audirvana servers load would grow progressively through the day.

If they are making it available later in the day, their servers could be aggressively pounded by American and European users alike and that might lead to an overload.

Despite the criticisms, there are going to be a lot of users that want to try Audirvana Studio. I hope they realise this.

1 Like

Hello Hawk, do you know what time Audirvana Studio should be available?

5:13am here in the Eastern Time Zone of the U.S., and still no Audirvana Studio. Has anyone yet gotten it??