Audirvana synced with Apple Music App but showing old empty playlists that are no longer in Music App

Tried reinstalling Audirvana several times and resyncing Music Library but can’t seem to get rid of the old playlists!

Just right click them with mouse, and delete.

I cant. The playlist i made in itunes and i sync audirvana to my itunes but i deleted those playlist in itunes a while ago but audirvana seemed to still keep the playlists but with no songs in them.

Cant you delete them in Audirvana?

no you can only delete playlists that you make in audirvana. These playlist were originally itunes but i synced my music and playlist to itunes. i deleted all my itunes playlist but still some of them remain in audirvana and they are empty.

*sync to audirvana sorry

ok then, just delete your database and redo it. Playlists are saved in the database.

But… try to get away of Music (iTunes) first, you’ll get less troubles :slight_smile:

or

Go in Audirvana preferences panel and remove your music folder(s) there
(all the folder(s) of music you have there) delete them with minus sign.

Close Audirvana.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System…
When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom…
click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder… that is your now database
(or before deleting it, copy it elsewhere, then delete there,
if your not happy just put back there the folders you deleted)

Restart Mac (just to be sure). Restart Audirvana…add a music folder for your new database
when asked (preferably not an Apple default music folder or not a folder that Apple can manage)
let it sync, and see after.

Thanks. I just decided to use the monitored folders method of getting my music library into Audirvana. Before my itunes music library was on an external hardrive and i used the second method in audirvana - Music Library synchronisation. So i had to create an audirvana library database file inside my music folder which is same folder itunes uses to find my music. I do this so that i can manage my music and playlists in itunes and then sync audirvana to it so i have my itunes playlists and music with the correct id3 tags. Even after deleting all my itunes playlists audirvana still has playlists that are duplicated like three times and are empty. I got this problem since moving my itunes library to external hardrive and then putting my database file in external hardrive as well.

Don’t put the database on an external drive. Keep it where it is. If you need to make backups just copy the file.

Thanks! This is what probably caused the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.