Audirvana via Trinnov Amethyst as a renderer

Hello Damien,
thanks, so to be more specific, the system is as follow, mac/audirvana+ RJ45 to Trinnov Amethyst + (Aes to) an external dac + amps etc.
So the dac is appart from the equation as the communication is via AES and works perfectly from the amethyst to the dac with all sources.
The issue is just in the communication between the mac/audirvana and the Amethyst in RJ45 network, and talking about upnp, i had no issue with Jriver from the mac or bubble upnp directly from the nas, which both uses upnp to communicate to the Amethyst… so i don’t think there is an issue with the gapless there, but why not testing, how could i do that? i can not find anything on the manual : hhttps://www.trinnov.com/PDF/Amethyst_English_Manual_V3.8.pdf
From other user experiences there is no flaws in the protocol in general, and to be on the safe side that’s why i’m also not using wifi for instance. But i will ask now on another forum with trinnov users.
Please let me know if it still makes sense to run a gapless test.
Best Jon

You can try gapless by using bubble upnp and using a live album and if you have pause during transition that mean your DAC have a gapless issue.

Hi Damien,
thanks for your answer, it’s tested, no gapless issue at all, going from one live piece to the next totally smoothly.
I have contacted Trinnov this afternoon as well, and they ran a first test on my machine which was totally normal, they will have a look as well later on to see if they have the same issue on their own.
Best
Jon

Hi @Antoine for info,
the test made by Trinnov on another Amethyst revealed the exact same symptoms, (display blocked on the first piece infos (precisely just 2 sec before the end of the countdown) and the music stops at the end of the 2nd piece)
They will investigate as well, any lead on your side?
many thanks
Jon

Hi,
so i assume there is no new leads ?
cheers
Jon

did you try with a mini jack directly into your power amp ?

nope, a bricesan once plugged his keyboard directly in the haflers amps i had, but that’s another story :rofl: :yum:

So actually Trinnov gave me some news, the issue could come from the fact that Audirvana sends wav files to the player, so they are investigating in that direction.
I’ll keep you posted.

Hi

Using a Trinnov Amethyst as a UPNP renderer, playing stops after each track of any local album.

I have been using other UPNP servers for a decade with Amethyst: Jriver, Minimserver or Foobar and never got any issue.

Sending Wave is not an issue: it is the way I currently use Jriver.

A long time ago, I used to be a Audirvana user with USB on a Mac Mini.

Even if Audirvana is more expensive than Jriver, I really would like to be able to use it, because I am french :wink: and appreciate the huge and nice development that has been made by Damien since first versions.

Kind regards
Thierry

After full reboot of everything, here are some more precise information:

• sometimes, player stops after the first track
  • otherwise, player stops always after second track
  • on the Mac or on Remote (iPad), when the second track plays after the first one, the second track is not shown as playing
  • when player stops, Audirvana is in a “playing state” with pause and stop available.

Kind regards
Thierry

Hi Thierry and all,
after different emails with the support people of Trinnov, the soft to improve seemed to be on their side. They were supposed to work on that (it was last year and then i contacted them after that), but as i was alone to mention the issue, i have let it go a bit and it never happened.
If you contact the support they have a record of our exchange i think, maybe you can see with them as well or i can add you to my exchange with them. I would obviously also be happy to use our dear national software :wink:

Hi

Maybe there is some issue with Trinnov Amethyst software.

When I have strictly no issue with Jriver, Foobar, Minimserver or Bubbleupnp, I have some doubts.

Kind regards
Thierry

There was a Audivarna update that does not solve anything

For information, I am using M-Connect on iPad for Qobuz, and there is no issue at all, meanwhile Qobuz suffers the same issue from Audirvana.

Any support or comment by Damien?

Regards

Hi Thierry,
as i have written already, after a full round of questions here on this forum and with the people from Trinnov by email, the Trinnov’s people investigated and concluded that the amethyst software seems to be the reason why this is not working.
BR
Jon

Hi

I have a second audio room with a Auralic Aries as UPNP drive.

Issue is more or less the same as with Amethyst.

I was not able to play more than 3 tracks in a row, and sometimes, the same track was played twice.

I have activated the “non raw PCM” option that was available in previous update. Today update shows no improvement.

All tests are made with only 16/44 tracks.

I will call one of my Trinnov contacts.
Meanwhile, Jonathan, could please, copy/paste here you main emails with Trinnov?

Kind regards

Hi all,
sorry i have been away for a long time. So Trinnov people told me the issue might come from their software and they had tried as well without success to make it work with an Amesthyst. There was nothing special in my emails with them that might be especially interesting to share here - There was no specific technical exchange. So Thierry did you manage to contact someone from Trinnov ?
And now Tidal disappeared from my audirvana… the same for you?
Best regards.
Jonathan

Hi

No answer.

When Amethyst is OK with all other UPNP servers (Jriver and Minimserver for example) and Audirvana does not work neither with Auralic Aries nor Amethyst, guess who I suspect to be faulty?

Meanwhile my Audirvana trial licence has ended, and I do not think it is customers’ role to debug either Trinnov or Audirvana.

Regards

Hello Thierry,
many thanks for your answer, i totally get it, this is indeed a bit tiring… and now that the state of the art (studio) of audirvana is a monthly service and not a product that you can buy, this became even more complicated to put efforts and time into making things work.
I have the plan of revamping my system… keeping the Amethyst for now as i need it for my room finetuning… but also thinking of moving to a dedicated server to communicate with the amethyst or directly to the integrated i am looking for…
Let’s see how it goes with the updates.
Best Regards
Jonathan

Hi

After a lot of efforts for my main room acoustics, I no longer need an Amethyst that is for sale on some forums.

I currently use a Auralic Aries G2 as a drive. But It only accepts Open Home Control points. So I am currently using Jriver or Minimserver (free) as server and Lumin app (free) as a control point both on Android and IOS.

I know that Audivarna is not Open Home. If Damien provides a Open Home option, I will ask for an extension of my trial licence. As I said before, I would like to support Audivarna, but it has to work on my gears.

Regards

Hi

We’ll see if Open Home is added, and then I am not used to pay for being a beta tester.

Regards
Thierry

Hi,
actually Thierry, i followed a part of your journey on a french hifi forum, and we exchanged by email back then about my system in Vienna etc :wink:
@Jim, i think there is something really off about having a monthly subscription instead of buying something… this is a cost, a service and not a product that you own and the bond with the product is quite not the same…