Audirvana via Trinnov Amethyst as a renderer

Hi

Maybe there is some issue with Trinnov Amethyst software.

When I have strictly no issue with Jriver, Foobar, Minimserver or Bubbleupnp, I have some doubts.

Kind regards
Thierry

There was a Audivarna update that does not solve anything

For information, I am using M-Connect on iPad for Qobuz, and there is no issue at all, meanwhile Qobuz suffers the same issue from Audirvana.

Any support or comment by Damien?

Regards

Hi Thierry,
as i have written already, after a full round of questions here on this forum and with the people from Trinnov by email, the Trinnov’s people investigated and concluded that the amethyst software seems to be the reason why this is not working.
BR
Jon

Hi

I have a second audio room with a Auralic Aries as UPNP drive.

Issue is more or less the same as with Amethyst.

I was not able to play more than 3 tracks in a row, and sometimes, the same track was played twice.

I have activated the “non raw PCM” option that was available in previous update. Today update shows no improvement.

All tests are made with only 16/44 tracks.

I will call one of my Trinnov contacts.
Meanwhile, Jonathan, could please, copy/paste here you main emails with Trinnov?

Kind regards

Hi all,
sorry i have been away for a long time. So Trinnov people told me the issue might come from their software and they had tried as well without success to make it work with an Amesthyst. There was nothing special in my emails with them that might be especially interesting to share here - There was no specific technical exchange. So Thierry did you manage to contact someone from Trinnov ?
And now Tidal disappeared from my audirvana… the same for you?
Best regards.
Jonathan

Hi

No answer.

When Amethyst is OK with all other UPNP servers (Jriver and Minimserver for example) and Audirvana does not work neither with Auralic Aries nor Amethyst, guess who I suspect to be faulty?

Meanwhile my Audirvana trial licence has ended, and I do not think it is customers’ role to debug either Trinnov or Audirvana.

Regards

Hello Thierry,
many thanks for your answer, i totally get it, this is indeed a bit tiring… and now that the state of the art (studio) of audirvana is a monthly service and not a product that you can buy, this became even more complicated to put efforts and time into making things work.
I have the plan of revamping my system… keeping the Amethyst for now as i need it for my room finetuning… but also thinking of moving to a dedicated server to communicate with the amethyst or directly to the integrated i am looking for…
Let’s see how it goes with the updates.
Best Regards
Jonathan

Hi

After a lot of efforts for my main room acoustics, I no longer need an Amethyst that is for sale on some forums.

I currently use a Auralic Aries G2 as a drive. But It only accepts Open Home Control points. So I am currently using Jriver or Minimserver (free) as server and Lumin app (free) as a control point both on Android and IOS.

I know that Audivarna is not Open Home. If Damien provides a Open Home option, I will ask for an extension of my trial licence. As I said before, I would like to support Audivarna, but it has to work on my gears.

Regards

Hi

We’ll see if Open Home is added, and then I am not used to pay for being a beta tester.

Regards
Thierry

Hi,
actually Thierry, i followed a part of your journey on a french hifi forum, and we exchanged by email back then about my system in Vienna etc :wink:
@Jim, i think there is something really off about having a monthly subscription instead of buying something… this is a cost, a service and not a product that you own and the bond with the product is quite not the same…

Hi Jonathan

Was it a long time ago? I have so many mails discussion, that it is quite difficult to remember all of them. But someone in Vienna should ring a bell, as among other things, I am a pianist, I often go to Salzburg Festival. There is no MP here. I found you elsewhere. I am (also, LOL) a photographer…

Regards

There are MP on this forum, click on any profile pic or name of a user and you will be able to MP him :wink:

Hi thierry,
this was 2017, i sent you an email to you “studio” adress and thanks Antoine :wink:
@Jim, sure on paper (though i do not get the calculation as there is no way to own the new Studio version, this is monthly or yearly, but the cost is endless).
But anyway, we are maybe simply part of a different typology of customers, and there are apparently (i hope, for the sake of the company) more people ready to go for the monthly sub, as this is the business model decided by Audirvana.
Best.
Jon

True, but to explain a bit more, to own something working, i am annoyed but not discouraged by 700$ which is 100 months of sub’, so a bit more than 8 years. (…This depends on the turnover time of the devices in one system, but we drop money on the way when it come to passion… and this is often the case with hifi)
So i would buy it, especially as there is room next to Roon for another software as flawlessly working, but for which some of the users think that the (roon) sound could be improved… and some of them could also spend for instance 300 euros…
So when i used Roon for the trial version, it worked perfectly, but i thought this would be nice to support Audirvana, so i bought the license for Audirvana instead, and tried to fix this compatibility issue… this was some time ago March 2020, it stills doesn’t work… So there is quite frankly no obvious positive conclusion with this experience… or if i miss one, i am all ears opened.
All that to say, whether a costlier product gives you satisfaction, this is less discouraging than a more affordable one one you cannot use normally…

1 Like