Audrivana dropping sound during playback

This is not the correct category but there wasn’t one that fit. Since upgrading to Catalina OS 10.15 (19A602), playback of any file in Audrivana 3.5.24 (3554) from a local hard drive or from Tidal has sound dropouts. No setup or configuration changes - only software upgrades to both apps. Oddly enough, Apple Music works fine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi. I had the same after update from Mojave to Catalina. BTW on 2 different macs. One connected via USB to an Musical Fidelity M6s DAC, the other connected by line out tho a Yamaha Mini Stereo System. I also run in to other troubles with slow file transmission over USB and Network. The only solution was to start from scratch and make clean install of Catalina on empty HD’s. Now it runs smooth, no drop out, no slowing down at all. It look like apple make some chaos with the kernel drivers if updated from older OS version.

Thanks Blusesnight, I tried the simplest of fixes: shut down my Mac and router, and then restarted them. Seems to have fixed the issue. Should have done this first rather than spend hours looking at settings. Fingers crossed that I don’t have to go to the extent you did. Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll keep it in mind if the problem resurfaces.