BUG – tracks cutting off 4 or 5 seconds early at end (entire album affected)

Okay so I tried turning off upsampling and played about 40 songs and not one was truncated seconds from the end. I have to assume that by now I would have had at least 15 songs cut out at the end. So that may have been the bug for me for the last 6 months. Extremely frustrating.

However unlike " williambillcard" I am listening to songs off my server. While he is still having the problem through Qobuz. I also want to subscribe to Qobuz shortly and would hate to have this experience through Audirvana.

As a side note: I must say though listening to a full song is wonderfully relaxing. I was correct when I said, “I would just get angry” while listening to my music. This listening session was actually pleasant, it made me keep listening while my ‘cut off’ song experience made me not want to listen.

1 Like

I have a similar issue with songs stopping a few seconds early and not starting the next in the queue. I’ve found that my issue is resolved by disengaging ‘shuffle play’.

This is some of the buggiest software I’ve ever used but still worth it for the VST equalizer I use to correct my hearing loss (Rolling Stones).

It just might be the buggiest software I have ever used as well, but I cannot deny the sound quality, it made my other choices look sophomoric. As I said previously I really hope that the next point release will be a huge generational leap forward in functionality and bug squashing.

was the latest 3.5.46 updated supposed to fix this problem with upsampling & tracks cutting off early? The bug persists in the .46 version.

I also have the same problem. It started when I switched over to Studio. Like others, the problem is rather random, and it is quite frustrating as I listen to quite ab bit a Renaissance and Baroque music; pieces that typically have lots of tracks, many of them short. I believe that it happens when listening to Qobuz, but can’t be sure as I switch between music on my local drive, and Qobuz.

The problem was isolated as happening with upsampling turned on. It happens for me with local files and Qobuz files both. The two albums it happens on are both choral music (one Dufay’s Missa St Anthonii, the other Mozart Große Messe).

I was directed to send the tracks to someone at Audirvana, since the problem was isolated as happening only with upsampling turned on. And in the 3.5.46 update (not Studio, the prior version of Audirvana) the update notice says “UPnP, DSD upsampled playback fixes” – but it did not fix the problem. (As i noted above.)

My system:
Audirvana Mac version 3.5.46 (3576)
macOS 10.14.6 with 16384MB RAM

The upsampling function also shows the error for me - if I deactivate it, the error disappears.

But since it is a powerful tool for sound shaping that I don’t want to do without, I experimented with the settings and found out the following:

I get the error when two conditions in the Audirvana preferences are met at the same time:

1. Upsampling is active.

2. Preload memory is larger than approx. 500 MB.

So: The error disappears when the preload memory is reduced.

Interestingly, the threshold is not fixed. In my first attempts, the healthy limit was 514 MB. After restarting Audirvana, it changed to 537 MB.
After freeing up computer RAM by closing several programs and restarting Audirvana, it was 529 MB.

It would be interesting to know whether these phenomena can be confirmed by other users - and which respective preload memory settings are the critical values ​​on their respective systems.

I have had a similar problem with Studio. It would randomly stop playing a track at any point (ie not limited to near the end) and go to the beginning of the next. This only happened on some albums and usually the second (slow) movement of a classical piece eg a symphony or concerto. This was also when streaming from Qobuz. I reduced the buffer a little and it seems to have stopped. I also had the skipping problem on 3.5 when upsampling and nothing fixed that except not using upsampling. My setting is 2200-2400 mb

@Antoine this never got fixed, still have problem despite updates. See this comment of ibex77 & GB46 for their sleuthing of what causes the problem.

You could try to use 1024mB (logica block size) ram for Audirvana to tackelen your problem!

For most users (like me) this has been fixed few months ago. No problems at all with only one exception: I have some mp3 audiobooks at low bitrate and with them the problem occure, last +/- 5 seconds of every track are cutted. Not big deal since I can play that content with VLC - is not music and is low bitrate.

I have discovered that the jumping track problem is linked to the file format… un compressed AIFF (I use a Macbookpro) seems to avoid this inconvenience. Today I bought a hi-res recording from qobuz and in m4a format the tracks were being slightly truncated… I downloaded it again in uncompressed AIFF and low and behold all went well!

1 Like

UPnP problems are back for me as well. It was gone for a few versions, finally, after years of complains. And it’s back since maybe the last two versions. This time, it just doesn’t read the next song. I also had the typical “stop before the end”. I thought we were through, I don’t know what happened but it’s back. And nothing changed. I’m still playing ALAC files (mostly CD quality) with no upsampling, from the macOS version of Audirvāna Studio, through ethernet to a Yamaha WXC-50.

Being this unreliable is incredibly frustrating.

1 Like

Probably not helpful but I ended up converting all my ALAC files to FLAC using Pro Audio Converter, once converted I get no issues with tracks cutting off. For me it was the lower res 16/44.1 ALAC files that cut off when UPnP to KEF LS50 WII. Seems to be limited to ALAC files. One workaround that worked with the ALAC files for me was turning on upsampling to “device maximum frequency”. The track cut off then disappeared. Converting to FLAC was the ultimate solution for me, never had a track cut-off since with no upsampling enabled.

1 Like

def helpful to know what the problem is – that there is a bug in the Audirvana code for handling ALAC files. Obvs, the whole point of the software is that it should handle ALAC and FLAC files with equal correctness.

@Antoine can you pls see this post & various previous ones (there are about 8 or 10 over last several months). And can you pls provide Audirvana users with an update on i) if someone at Audirvana is working on fixing this, and ii) When the bug will be fixed?

Can anyone report if this bug has been fixed in the new Studio build of Audirvana ?

I have not seen this bug for ages. Currently on Studio 2.0.0. No issues for me with my setup.

I am on Audirvana Origin 2.0 on Windows 11 (NUC i5, 16GB RAM). I do not have this bug on my system either (also never had it with previous versions).

I can report I’m still experiencing it randomly.

I had this problem before but it stopped. It is now back with version 2.0