Cambridge Audio Edge NQ UPnP failure

Hi, I just got a Mac mini and installed Audrivana Studio trial version After I setup everything and imported all song from my NAS, When I try to play, it just say load the first track then nothing happen. I realize if I switch to other source on my Edge NQ, it will force my Edge switch to “Media Library”. I also check the Streammmagic apps and the media library only detect my NAS.

I’m not sure the problem is on Audrivana or CA, but it is very frustrated as my friend highly recommended me to use Audrivana, rather than ROON on MAC.

Seems now the only way to let my Edge NQ to play music from Audrivana is to spend extra money to get a USB cable to connect my Edge to Mac…

Hope someone from Audrivana can fix this…

Compared to the price of the CA Edge NQ the cost of a USB cable talk is funny.

1 Like

How?
Do you expect them to deduce the price of the USB cable from the subscription fee?

I suspect CA use the same uPNP implementation in the Edge NQ as in the CXN

see this thread. I have been waiting since the initial launch of Audirvana Studio to see fix for this . My trial ran out a month ago.

Try Roon , The Edge NQ is Roon Ready and I have heard several reports of it working fine .

Can you check the firewall settings: In System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Firewall > Firewall Options > Automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections check that this setting is selected and “Block all incoming connections” is not selected.

:upside_down_face:

just don’t wanna pay extra cost for the software issue that suppose won’t happen.

1 Like

Just expect Audrivana can fix this

Not related to firewall, I just install Roon and it works without any changes on my MAC

Roon works perfectly, just get 14 days trial and enjoying :notes:

You realise you can go monthly sub to get a “longer trial” . I am approaching 5 years now …

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.