Cannot add or delete folders to library

In the past I have added 5 folders to my library and they worked fine. When I later tried to delete some of the folders, some kind of error appeared. I can no longer add or delete folders and I can’t synch the folder I have already created. The only way I can listen to music in Audirvana is to select some flac folders on my computer (and Audirvana is the default device for playing flac files on my computer). I have no music in my folders to work with to make playlists, select random play mode, etc. I believe my library has some kind of fatal bug. What can be done to fix this? Thanks

Here is a try for MAC since you did not tell Mac or PC you are…

In case you don’t have a backup… you can redo your database…

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and save them in a folder… when Audirvana is reset, you can re-import them back in one shot. sadly to this day, the folders they were in if so, are not back, you have to do them again…

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System… When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom… click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

If you continu and trash the database, you will lose also the play count number of how many times you played those songs… if important to you or not.

Go to Audirvana preferences panel and delete with - sign your music folder(s) there, wait till you don’t have any songs in the main window.

Close Audirvana.

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not)

Restart Mac. Restart Audirvana, add a music folder when asked or go to prefs again and add one with + sign. LET IT SYNC, even better don’t try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music while it is not finished… you’ll see the progress bar going… Could be long the first time depending on how large your library is, and Mac is fast or not… go to sleep if it is too long :slight_smile:

Then when finished, close Audirvana, yes close it before playing a song… That way you will have your database from scratch saved without crashing or bugs. Then copy the .sqlite file to somewhere else in a folder as a backup for today. Do this as often you can, if you do many edits in your library or add many CDs, that way if a bug comes back, you’ll have an not so far library to put back in the same place without bugs.

After, reopen Audirvana, and play a song.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.