Can't download the trial version windows 10

I have tried in both Chrome and Firefox. I even received the email telling me welcome but the file doesn’t download.

1 Like

hello @eggmansr71, before download Audirvana for Windows 10, did you installed the app installer app form the windows store? We use this app to install and update Audirvana.

Hi. I have exactly the same problem. The email arrives, but the file doesn’t load. I really want to try the trial period to make a purchase decision.

Hello @Space, as i said in the previous post, do you have App-Installer on your PC before installing Audirvana?

Thanks for the answer! No, I don’t have such an app. My version of Windows 10 doesn’t have a store.

Are you on Windows 10 Entreprise Edition?

Yes. You are quite right

You can ask your IT department to install this app otherwise you won’t be able to install Audirvana on your computer.

Exhaustively. Thank you very much.

Can I ask you another question? What if I get a license right away? Will this restriction still remain?

This restriction will still remain since this apps is required to install Audirvana for Windows 10.

So it turns out that Audirvana can’t be installed on a non-licensed version of Win 10 in principle? Sorry, I will look for an alternative to such a great product…

In fact if your Windows 10 Home or Professional Edition don’t have a license in it then no, you won’t be able to get access to the Windows Store and install Audirvana in the end.

This is some utter garbage. Windows store to install an audio player?
Was really curious to try but sticking to foobar, thanks.

I have version 3.5 installed on a Laptop and now need to also install on a dedicated Audio PC running a tuned Win 10 Pro version 1903 (18362). However, can’t complete download of MS App Installer as App Store requires build 14393 or newer. Is there an alternative way to download 3.5?

Hello @Kjell, 14393 is a build back form 2016. You have 1903 version and you can’t download App Installer from the Microsoft Store?

Hi, I am getting support from the Audio PC vendor as this seems to be an issue with their Win installation. Will revert back if this does not work.