Can't move around in a track

When I play a local file via UPnP/DLNA (Windows app) to my Sony UBP-X800M2, I can’t move around, jump ahead, or go back to arbitrary places within the track. Foobar2000 (foo_out_upnp) lets me do it.

1 Like

Can confirm this, too.

Hello @Mark_DeB and @Andras_Dezso, this feature is linked to your DAC capability. If you can’t move the cursor of the timeline of the tracks then that would mean Sony didn’t implemented it. You should ask them if they have an update for it.

How then is it possible to do it with foobar2000 (foo_out_upnp)?

Either Sony has implemented the feature, or foobar has figured out a way to do it in a way that does not depend on Sony’s implementing it. Why can’t Audirvana do the same thing?

Hello @Mark_DeB, do you have this capability with every file format in foobar?

It seems to work for wav, flac, mp3, mp4, and m4a.

A related concern is moving around in a track while streaming from Qobuz or Tidal and sending the output to the Sony. In that situation I can’t move around in the track on the Audirvana screen, but I can use the Sony’s remote to do it.

I have the same problem, and that’s what brought me to this thread.
I use the Android version of the app, and I cannot scrub around anywhere within a track.
Let’s say I want to repeat the last 30 seconds…I can’t. I can only press the left arrow button to restart the track. Let’s say I want to skip ahead 30 seconds in a track…I can’t. I would only be able to press the right arrow button which of course just skips to the next track.
If I want to scrub around within a track, I must walk to the computer that Audirvana Origin is running on, and scrub around the track using the mouse on the computer.
Obviously, this completely defeats the purpose of the phone app, because you want to be able to do such simple actions on the app and not walk half way across the house to the room where the computer is.
And we can confidently pinpoint the issue as being with the app, and not the files or anything else, because I can skip around anywhere in a track on the desktop version of Origin.

Has anyone found any solution to this?
Thanks!

Just to make things clear, you say you can skip around anywhere in a track in UPnP on the desktop app, right ? The whole topic is about UPnP, not local play, so I just want to make sure we’re talking about the same things.
For example, I can totally scrub in a track on the macOS version of ĀOrigin and on the iOS remote app when I’m playing local, but with UPnP, both won’t work and that’s a limitation of my UPnP receiver which Foobar can bypass as it’s not the same category of UPnP.

Hi @timpogo, my guess is that you are probably outputting to a UPNP device, right?

Can you send us a copy of the “Debug Info” when you have your device selected? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>My account

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

Using Audirvana Studio 2.3.4 and I have the same problem. Some Albums I own are one long track and no way to jump to parts I want to listen to is problematic. Streaming via UPNP to a HiFi Rose RS150B and other UPNP Servers I use support moving around on the same files. Quite certain it’s Audirvana and not the file type or receiving unit at issue.

Hi @zman,

Since the audio stream is sent as wav using Audirvāna, have you tried to play a wav track with your UPNP server?