CDs ungewollt gesplittet

Ich nutze Audirvana 2.2.4 mit MacOS. Das Hinzufügen neuer CDs zur Bibliothek funktionierte bisher reibungslos.
Seit ich begonnen habe, bisherige flac-Dateien in AIFF zu konvertieren,

• verlieren die Ordner Teile der Informationen (z.B. Genre oder Interpreten). Das ist lästig, lässt sich aber korrigieren.
  • Unangenehmer, weil bisher für mich nicht zu verändern, ist nach dem Synchronisieren neuer Alben zeitweilig deren Aufsplitten in 2 Teile. Ein Teil enthält noch das betreffende Cover, der andere nicht. Die Nummerierung der Titel ist dabei unsystematisch, z.B. Teil 1 (1-3-4-7), Teil 2 (2-5-6).
    Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, diese Teile zu einem Album wieder zusammenmzuführen?
    Vielen Dank für das Interesse.

Hi @2CVandme,

Can you take a look at those tracks metadata to see if they have some differences like the Album title for example?

Hi Antoine,
You are right. Metadata differ. What is strange however: Before I sync a new CD I prepare it in MacOS “Music” putting in Artists, Genre etc. And when everything seems to be ok. I begin to copy it to the storage media. And then in most of the cases the splitting happens and for example Genre never appears. Which means I have to redo the preparation again.
One more point has appeared since I listen in the online mode: In the main window within the coloured ribbon sometimes the “original” artists are accompanied by some whose name I never heard of. You can “open” this name and the just copied CD appears with this strange artist.
This never occurred as long as I played in the offline mode. And you can´t completely get rid of this name.

When you do this, can you please check the metadata of the tracks after you made the change inside MusicBrainz for example? It’s possible that the metadata you are changing are added to the iTunes library database but not in the track itself.

My assuumption is as well, that it has to do something with a music database like MusicBrainz where data is collected and inserted without my knowledge. Next time I will add a new CD to my collection offline and see what happens.

1 Like

Hi Antoine,
Just a short feedback: Working offline with both, the iMac and Mac mini afterwards brought the same buggy results in that the CD was split in two without any contact with MusicBrainz.
Best,
2CVandme

Hi @2CVandme,

We have made some improvement about it in the latest updates of Audirvāna, have you tried to remove the synced folder containing the tracks and add it again?

Hi Antoine,
Thanks for your quick response. Removing the synced folder and adding the folder I prepared within MacOS “Music” yields the same buggy result. Maybe removing that one prepared in AO and adding it again might show a correct result. I didn´t try that.
Best,
2CVandme