Connection to Windows 10 PC is lost almost every time iPad screen goes to sleep

I think I finally have the solution. I used the reset network feature on Windows 10 as advised by the developer of Fidelizer, this seems to have finally solved the problem. Remote app now syncs with Audirvana seamlessly. Relieved!

I wasn’t sure if this was the A+ remote or Audirvana but after running almost flawlessly during the trail, I have had consistent problems with the A+ remote freezing or getting out of sync with Audirvana on the PC. If I Stop and restart the A+ Remote app, sometimes after a bit of delay it gets going again. About half the time I have to restart audirvana on the PC and sometimes both.

This is the same A+ remote app and iPad I use to control my mac mini implementation of Audirvana at another location. The mac implementation It has never exhibited this behavior with Mac Audirvana, only windows. So I suspect the issue is with lose of connectivity in audirvana for Win 10. (I spend several weeks in the windows location and several in the mac location. I am not flipping back and forth with the same remote and app in case you were wondering.)

Audirvana is playing while the freeze or out of sync condition occurs so the Win 10 machine is not going to sleep. But maybe something is happening to the wifi connection with respect to Audirvana?

I also checked the Windows Defender firewall settings and enabled them for private. That had no effect on the problem

Hi Olgoat, I recommend using the network reset feature on Windows 10. My connectivity problems started happening when I installed windows updates, which somehow messed up the syncing of the remote app. If that doesn’t work go to defender settings and enable/allow bonjour through the firewall.

I am still trying to isolate what actually fixes the problem. I have already verified bonjour is enabled through the firewall. Windows 10 Home does not appear to hvae the Network reset feature. At least I have not found it yet. I’ll keep digging. Thanks

In windwos 10 open the control panel and open Programs and Features. Find Bonjour and choose to repair it. That should fix it.