Display issue in iPad landscape mode

I always use my iPad in landscape mode. Unfortunately, Studio Remote’s mini-player can’t display track timing and progress information because it is off the bottom of the screen.

Other than turning on screen rotation and running the remote in portrait mode, is there a workaround for this issue?

Here’s my 5th Generation.

That’s what did right before I took the screenshot I posted.

I don’t know why you and I have different displays unless our devices have different display resolutions.

There ya go. That’s probably the explanation.

I won’t hold my breath for a fix.

The mini player controls don´t work on landscape view

Just confirmed that. I wasn’t using the mini-player because of the progress bar issue, but just tried it again to test this. Yep, the controls don’t work, not even “pause.”

Audirvana Studio remote: There are not scroll bar nor alphabetic index in album view which makes it very cumbersome to manage a big library. These same ítems work very well on Audirvana 3.5 remote. They just have to transfer them, it should not be that hard

ok, but the point is that when you use the remote with Audirvana 3.5 in album view on landscape or portrait views the mini player controls, scroll bars and alphabetic index work fine, and not so with Audirvana Studio. This have to be fixed wherever it needs to be.

The lack of updates on the Remote for iOS is really a pity. Since the release the issues concerning the landscape mode have been identified. I would also really expect that AUdirvana would also focus on developing the remote as it is very poor in terms of ergonomy and user friendly. They can do much better and really would like to understand how it could turn to a priority. If no improvement it will be clearly a signal to not restart the subscription at the end of this one : better to come back to Audirvana 3.5 in this case.

When you are using your ipad with a keyboard it is a bit more difficult to move to portrait. I can hear it is not a priority as per the usage of the majority of the customers but the fact is that this remote born badly and it is not growing : a leftover.
What about the bug when you are clicking on the 3 dots that is closing the application ?
Do you think the remote is the best in class in terms of customer usage ? I don’t think so and in the yearly fee i also expect that this component could be take into account.

@Patatorz, we are working on the landscape mode of the iPad, as soon as we think it will be ready, we will make it available for everyone.

1 Like

Thanks for this very « precise » feedback.

Any update for the fix for landscape mode on the iPad?

We are still working on the sorting criteria of the Remote of iOS but it will be handled before the update of the Remote. I can’t give a date for it as it still needs to be tested to see if the issue is fixed.

Thank you for your hard work!

Just downloaded the new Audirvana Remote for iPad. The application still quits when the … button is tapped. VERY frustrating!

2 Likes

@robin , That’s not a bug it’s a feature :joy:

Will you please submit your discovery to support@audirvana.com. ?

In the mean time stop pushing that button !

Enjoy your music

This is a pity : the … bug is really frustrating. No time to check. The display bug in landscape is still there also ?

Mini controller is still a mess. Mine looks like this:

1 Like

Got a new update to Audirvana Remote last week and the problems of crashing and other display issues with landscape mode on the iPad seem to have been resolved. Thanks!