DSD transcoder option in Kernel mode

Hi
I am running the trial of Studio and enjoy the sound. I am using a Windows 10 streamer and studio is running fine and I finally got the android remote issue sorted. I have one other issue. It is not a problem, but perhaps someone can provide advice. I am using a Musical Paradise tube DAC that supports DSD 512. I am using the ASIO driver for the DAC and it plays DSD just fine in Studio. I was fooling around with Kernel mode and it does sound subtly different with PCM files. I have read about how it is necessary for Studio to encode DSD as PCM to use Kernel mode. However, there is no option in my output devices for the DSD transcoder when I select Kernel driver. Under ASIO I can see an option for DSP transcoder, as well as my driver for the DAC (which I use). No DSP transcoder option appears when I select Kernel driver. So of course, when I play a DSD with Kernel I get nothing but faint music and hiss. Again DSD works fine in ASIO and I understand why. I am just curious if it can be enabled in Kernel. Cannot see anywhere to select. I know I don’t need to do it as ASIO works fine, but curious … Thoughts?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.