EQ and Tidal MQA

Hey. I love Audirvana. The sound is so good. But I would like to EQ my headphones with a VST plugin. Everything works as long as I want to render a MQA file with my Dragonfly Cobalt. The EQ is bypassed. Why is that so?

MQA no VST-EQ
nonMQA VST-EQ

Thank you
Marc

MQA = lock, can’t change

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. But there is another software similar to Audirvana that does EQ MQA.

Hello @Blanka, what is the name of the software you are talking about?

Hello @Damien3. Well, Roon. I have a test subscription and MQA is also EQed. But I don’t know about the mechanics. Perhaps Roon does something completely different.

The problem with using an EQ with MQA file is more about changing the MQA flow as you need to first unfold, do the EQ then the second and third unfold are probably skipped as the MQA flow is not the same as it use to be…

Ah. I understand. To be honest, after reading today what artists earn with streaming I consider buying the albums and help them so that they can get through these hard times.

Can you tell me one more thing please @Damien3? . Is there a difference in quality when I use the apple parametric eq plugin or a paid one like the voxengo?

The difference between two plugins are often relying on customization of settings, not the sound quality,the parametric eq from Apple is a really basic eq. With plugins like voxengo you can customize more easily and with more flexibility your settings.

1 Like

Thank you. I EQed my Focal Elegia with settings from Oratory1990. That does also work with the apple AU.