Erratic playback behaviour

Hi Stefano, thank you for your suggestion.
However the sotm works like a charm on everything else, including Buppleupnp and Roon over upnp. I do have alot of dropouts with Spotify connect, but I guess this is a problem with the Librespot service.
Did you have any issues with Sotm/Eunhasu in relation to Audirvana before reinstalling Eunhasu?

No issues at all, I had to reinstall eunhasu once, after a firmware upgrade, but that was the only time I had to.
Another thing to try should be to uninstall from eunhasu the services you don’t use. I use MPD/dlna and after the 4.81 fw upgrade it became unresponsive, uninstalled LMS and librespot and everything started working fine again

Thanks again Stefano. I tried your suggestion now, but I am not able to uninstall the services I’m not using, for instance shairport, LMS and HQPlayer. I select the uninstall button, it works on uninstalling but they are still there… I will ask May at Sotm about this.

The icon will be always there, but if try to open the service configuration page you’ll be asked to install it

Thanks alot Stefano,

there are some small differences. I have the Openhome and Library auto update box checked.
Buffer time was 0,2 I have adjusted this to 0,5 now.
Lee at Sotm told me to increase the audio buffer size to more than 50MB so I did this.

Anyway I have now followed your advice and uninstalled mpd/dlna service and reinstalled. And updated settings to be exactly like yours.

I have played music for about 10 minutes now and everything seems be working very well!
Fingers crossed, I will keep playing for a while. You may have solved my problems Stefano :slight_smile:

Glad it helped …

Unfortunately it didn’t help, right after I posted my message it all started again.
What a mess :frowning:

Let’s hope Lee at Sotm will be able to find out something, he is on the case.
I’m wondering if maybe the iFi USB to AES/EBU device between the Sotm and my DAC may be the culprit…

I have to assume there isn’t an USB port on your dac so no way to bypass the iFi usb … hope you can solve the issue

That is correct Stefano, it’s a professional DSP unit (Linea Research ASC48F) with only AES/EBU digital input. If Lee can isolate the issues to the iFi, which they actually have available, then I will replace it with an equivalent Sotm unit (though expensive).
But thanks for your help and advice, it was well worth a try :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.