Expanding Metadata?

Any thoughts on expanding metadata to include front & back covers, lyrics, booklets etc? a digital download I got yesterday had a .pdf booklet with it: it would be nice to read this in Audirvana (especially on an iPad). A lot of classical albums have tons of information on the back, and what use is the front cover of Led Zeppelin IV without the back cover?

1 Like

I only can speak about the Windows version, but if there is a PDF in the same directory as the music files Audirvana shows a ‘book’ icon in the album view. If you click on that the PDF will be shown in Audirvana.

As far as I know the format of metadata in music files itself does not allow for the inclusion of PDF files (only album art).

As far as I am aware Audirvana shows album art correctly when it is embedded in the metadata of the music files.

1 Like

Ah, right… thanks, Andy!!!

Yes please. Let us open the pdf in separate program. At the moment the booklet view is rudimentary at best.

1 Like

Thanks for that tip :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.