Failed to open download studio on Windows LTSC version

Best,
Yesterday I tried to install audirvana studio but I was not able to open the download of the trail version. I was able to register, but I can no longer find the download on my PC. Now I really want to receive the download again but this is not working in any way. Can someone help me so that I can start all over again? With thanks.
Johan

https://my.audirvana.com

go there, enter email and password… you should be able after to download again

2 Likes

What @RunHomeSlow says.

Also do not forget, it is not a standard Windows program, but a Microsoft Store program. This means you will not find an icon on your desktop, but (after correct installation) you will find it in your Windows start menu.

1 Like

AudirvanaStudioSetup_2.2.2.0_x64_StudioRelease.appxbundleVerwijderd

file:///C:/Users/FC5/Downloads/AudirvanaStudioSetup_2.2.2.0_x64_StudioRelease.appxbundle

[AudirvanaStudioSetup_2.2.2.0_x64_StudioRelease.appxbundle](file:///C:/Users/FC5/Downloads/AudirvanaStudioSetup_2.2.2.0_x64_StudioRelease.appxbundle)

file:///C:/Users/FC5/Downloads/AudirvanaStudioSetup_2.2.2.0_x64_StudioRelease.appxbundle

Tonen in map

[AudirvanaStudioSetup_2.2.2.0_x64_StudioRelease.appxbundle](file:///C:/Users/FC5/Downloads/AudirvanaStudioSetup_2.2.2.0_x64_StudioRelease.appxbundle)

Tonen in map

Tonen in map

Tonen in map

Vandaag
thank you very much for your answers.
I got the above when following your advice. It kept downloading again and I had to stop it. After that I can’t open it either. When I downloaded it for the first time yesterday I couldn’t open or install it either. I don’t know what else I can do. If I get another chance to open it, what app should I try with?

Mvg, John

t

Tonen in maphank you very much for your answers.
I got the above when following your advice. It kept downloading again and I had to stop it. After that I can’t open it either. When I downloaded it for the first time yesterday I couldn’t open or install it either. I don’t know what else I can do. If I get another chance to open it, what app should I try with?

Mvg, John

Try to open it with ‘Microsoft Store’ application ??
i’m no PC guy… @AndyLubke ?

Actually you should open with App Installer. But this is done automatically if everything goes well. I hope you don’t have LTSC - you will need to install Store/App Installer/Dependencies if so - very easy from github, you can find link here if you search. What to do: open MS Store and update it and all the apps, especially App Installer, you can update Windows also. There’s a very little chance to find a solution checking Even Viewer and google with the app installer error code. Keep in mind that some “tweakers” and system optimizer utilities break Store and sometimes only a Windows reinstallation helps.

1 Like

Windows should open and install appxbundles automatically. There can be problems if you are on Windows Server, but on other Windows versions this can happen too.
Open the Microsoft store on your Windows computer and search for ‘app installer’. After installation you should be able to click on the Audirvana ‘appxbundle’ file and install it. See the screenshot below (in Dutch).

Below are some links with more information:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

Fix: Can’t Install Appx, AppxBundle, and Msixbundle Files in Windows » Winhelponline

And as others in this thread already mentioned: Check in Windows and the Microsoft store for updates.

1 Like

Thanks for the good information! It is very friendly of you! I understand and try to do what you say, but i think something is wrong with my audio server. He also won’t download the instalation app. I think I have to fix that thirst. I let you know if everything is fixed.

best regards, Johan

Best,
I still haven’t been able to install the studio version of audirvana. My audio server is a Paul Pang fc5. This one has a windows Enterprise LTSC and that version apparently has no app store. Do you think there is another way to install audirvana studio on my server?
Many thanks for your help!
regards, john

Not as far as I know. I have read there are some ways to install the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 server, but I am no expert on that. Since Audirvana is a ‘Microsoft store app’ it needs that functionality.
Your configuration does not fall within the minimum specs Audirvana needs.

Are there maybe other forum members who have experience with this and know a way around?

thanks to give an answer Andy. I will send the question in the ether.

grts Johan

I use LTSC 1809 with AS without any problem. I used also LTSC 2021 with AS without any problem. I will upload my script to my google drive and share here.

1. open “settings” - “updates & security” - “for developers” and check to install apps from any source (the second option)

2. download my script (I have it from GitHub) and extract all the zip file content

3. right click Add-Store.cmd, choose “Run as administrator” and wait for all the packages to be installed

4. Open Store from Start Menu, check for updates and update Store and App Installer

That’s all. You can now install Audirvana. Probabily you will also need Microsoft Edge WebView 2 Runtime. I will also post a link with it.

Please wait.

1. WebView Runtime
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dFUo80Wbl2epqGcFTjwFnEK4t_bqUp1Q/view?usp=sharing

2. Store & other necesary packages
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hXbOWia1FeW70aKRK3sTnDFGMJzrC1fu/view?usp=sharing

3. AS Setup File
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WwLzNGRxB4tZwD8sgP9vptE5t9tIwhRW/view?usp=sharing

LE: LTSC Enterprise is different than Server. Indeed in Server edition sideloaded apps can’t run. Also in LTSB Audirvana can’t be installed even if therefore Store can run - say something about too old os.

1 Like

Thank you very much Daniel too share this! I will try that.

Much greats,

Johan

hey Daniel,
Is it need to download github to be able downloading my script? And what is my script?
best regards, johan

Sorry for confusion. Just wanted to say that the script was downloaded from GitHub. I deleted the xbox packages because I don’t play games, so only the required things for Store/App Installer will be installed. With “my” just wanted to say that I use it. Just follow the instructions.

thank you very much for your help! Everything has now worked! I find the sound quality superior to anything I’ve heard before. Normally I wouldn’t hesitate to subscribe to studio version. But like roon, the music frequently stops playing playlists when it has to move from one album to another. I find that very annoying. Do you have problems with that?

No, but I use an USB DAC. Yes, the sound is very good and the player works good for me. It seems for others not. Sorry, I can’t help you. Try to play with the settings, maybe you’re lucky. Low the buffer, deactivate upsampling / vst plugins, set upsampling to “device maximum frequency”. Maybe someone will help you, or someone from Audirvana after this holiday. Happy new year! (I read about “send raw audio” or something for upnp users - you can try that also).