Feature Request: Visualizer

Any chance the next version of A+ will include some kind of visualizer plugin?

If by visualizer you mean a sound-to-light visual display pulsating with the music, or somesuch, that would seem undesirable as the less the processor has to do while playing the music the less potential imterference there is, so maximising sound quality. Indeed some of us use our computers ‘headless’, having no display at work at all.

If you mean the same thing on the app instead of the Mac, then that wouldn’t affect sound quality, though personally I’d rather it was able to pull up and display album artwork (both jpg and pdf) from my hard drive so that I can view them while listening, without having to use a different app.

I don’t mean that but at the same time, I don’t even agree with that assessment.

If you mean the same thing on the app instead of the Mac, then that wouldn’t affect sound quality, though personally I’d rather it was able to pull up and display album artwork (both jpg and pdf) from my hard drive so that I can view them while listening, without having to use a different app.

I’m talking about a visual graphic equalizer or something that shows bars pulsating with the music. Many apps have it, including iTunes (via plugins) and even ncmpcpp via mpd.

It should have ZERO effect on sound quality.

That’s a version of what I thought you meant.

Anything that uses the processor, even a tiny bit, could affect sound quality - I am not saying it necessarily will, but it is not in the interests of sound quality.

But maybe if you use iTunes the ultimate in sound quality isn’t relevant, and as long as a facility like visualisation can be turned off then there is no harm in providing it.

I’d love to have it and I can’t stand iTunes.