Glitch, Skipping, within a song

Have you tried to enable Integer mode in the audio output settings of Audirvana? We have iFi device here and we do not experience the issue you have.

Yes, I believe the default is on. I’ve tried it on and off.

And this problem, as mentioned, happens regardless of the DAC, including the on-board iMac and MacBook Pro DAC. I have tried an entirely different internet network as well, and the problem persists.

Some songs are fine, but if I play track 1 on any album, by track 4 or 5 (at least) the problem will happen.

Okay, just did one more test. Using the ifi iDAC2 and the built in DAC with my amp. Interger mode is on. And again, just streaming via Tidal.

Using the iDAC2, the error happened in track 1. Using the onboard amp DAC (and unplugging my external dac), the error happened in track 3.

I’m sorry, but I struggle to see how this problem is on my end.

My friend has a Cambridge Audio network streamer. CA updated their firmware and just like that, the front facing button on his unit do not work when streaming Tidal. It has something to do, as he was told anyway, with Tidal’s security protocols not playing nice with his Cambridge Audio’s firmware update.

I feel like this is a problem might be similar, and is something between possibly some recent-ish Tidal update on their end and your software.

If you change the streaming limitation in the streaming settings of Audirvana from Master to a lower one like lossless, do you have issue?

That’s actually one thing I didn’t try: I’ll give it a shot right now.

sigh

I lowered the setting so it was no longer Master. Tracks 1-4 were perfect, then I made it to track 5 on an album and then the glitch happened.

I am having the exact same problem on two different systems. Both Macs but different computers and different DACs. Very annoying.

And the problem stops when I disable upsampling

Initially that worked for me as well, or so I thought it did but it eventually returned.

Fingers crossed the problems stays away for you. :slight_smile: I’ve given up on the app, pretty much. We’ll see when a new firmware is released.

Yes, I do not see the purpose of using Audirvana to stream Tidal if it cannot upsample. Might as well just use the Tidal app.

Just wondering, with upsampling off, are you able to play through say an entire album (streaming via Tidal) without the problem happening?

I just tested it and, unfortunately, no it did not solve the problem. The skips seemed to be less frequent and in different locations on the track. Then I played the same album through the Tidal app and had no issues.

Yep, then your experience is just like mine and others in this thread.

Just to potentially save you some time: I don’t think there’s anything you can do on your end to fix this problem. I’ve done everything, tweaked things, uninstalled the software, etc, etc.

The problem persists. And I’m not sure what Audirvana support is going to do to fix this situation.

I’m having the same problem! Audirvana piggybacking on Tidal from a 2015 MacBook to Chord 2Qute. Glitchy, skipping, repeating small sections and skipping at the end of a song to the next. I haven’t sussed out any pattern yet but haven’t really done any detective work. I don’t think I really should considering how much I’ve paid to Audirvana and continue to pay to Tidal.
It is frustrating and I’m starting to get angry. Has anybody figured out this issue and how to fix it yet?

Hi there, I’ll save you some trouble - I honestly wouldn’t do anything.

I’ve sent Audirvana debug codes both here and through email and wasn’t given any approach that worked.

I’ve switched DACs, settings, different computers, different networks, you name it.

It feels to me that they responded to my emails, but when it quickly got to the point where the solution wasn’t an easy fix on my end (e.g. a simple setting toggle), they’ve gone silent - it’s been maybe 2 weeks since I last heard from their email support.

They’re just being very silent now and I don’t understand why. I was told that “it works on their end” or something to that effect, which isn’t helpful to customers like us.

In the very least they should acknowledge the problem and let us know they’re working on it.

I don’t get why they don’t. We’re not dumb, we know these things are complicated and don’t expect an overnight fix; but they should let us know they’re working on it or something. Otherwise it just feels like, “Oh, this problem is probably something on the user’s end since we can’t replicate it”

Thanks for the reply Jason.

I noticed that Audirvana “support” has gone silent on this issue. I just wanted to add my name to a growing list.

I’ve had the problem for about the last 2 weeks and I’m wondering if it was an upgrade to either Audirvana, Tidal or Apple that has caused this issue. I’ve also tried the “fixes” they suggested to you with no satisfaction. Whatever the cause, I agree that Audirvana should, at the very least, address our concerns and communicate to us that are trying to fix them.

I’m not impressed!

Cheers,

Mike

Try to reduce the pre-load cache.

Thanks bitracer!

I’ll try that. What’s the difference between pre-liad cache and just the cache? Sorry, not completely computer literate.

Mike

Hi Mike, I believe Bitracer is just referring to the memory you allocate to Audirvana.

On my end, I’ve tried everything from the minimum to the maximum, and many stages in-between.

Same problem.

Hello? Audirvana?

WTF!!! Why won’t you try to help somebody who has paid good money for your service?!?!?!?
Tired of the skipping and glitches!

Disgruntled customer…