Glorious be to all

Finally, after years of trying, I have my computer showing for connection to the Audirvana Remote showing.

I hesitate to announce for fear it will stop working.

It is so much better than using my laptop to share my main computer screen.

1 Like

You do have lightning :zap: insurance right?

2 Likes

Hilarious!

I recently had a huge lightning strike on my house which blew the bejikers out of most of my electrical goods, including g Magnepan speakers and my DEQX.

The DEQX took a week of resetting to eventually come good. The speakers had to be replaced.

All good in the end.

Short answer: no, I do not have
insurance.

2 Likes

Lucky you: maybe you got my connection!
Early this morning everything was working to test the new remote on both iPhone and iPad. Now this evening I’m home and spending some time trying out the new remote… and it won’t let my iPad connect. It requires me to “Enter the 6 numbers on the computer screen.”
Easy. Except that there are no numbers on my computer screen.
This would be the iPad that has been my main connection to A+ since 2013, as I run headless. I can VNC in from the iPad, or screen-share from my office. I do still have a connection (so far) with my iPhone, but that’s not my preferred method.

1 Like

It does seem complicated.

As I said earlier… I have used Audirvana from the beginning of time (I use the birth of Audirvana as the marker for the beginning of civilisation) and have NEVER had a connection.

I started using Splashtop (very good but memory hogger) and then lately my Mac Share Screen. All good.

But the Remote is fantastic (although a couple of niggles… I’d love to see complete track info as it plays).

So pleased the latest version (4) works seamlessly.

:ok_hand::+1::notes::musical_note::musical_score:

I’ve used the remote from 3.5, and now origin… never an issue. Just saying.

1 Like

It’s each of our I dividual set-ups. God help those tryi g to make software operate over all the different combinations of computers, cpus, players…

1 Like

I know… perhaps the way to go is to decide on the software you want, and then use hardware the plays nice with it… Or if you want a particular piece of hardware, you may need to change your software… some people want a squre peg to fit perfectly in a round hole, one part has to change.

1 Like

That’s exactly the point. And adaption is the sign of advancement.

The original single cell organism found a slightly warmer or cooker slipstream and developed into two cells… etc… adaptating to different environments… to where we are now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.