Hang Loose Convolver multichannel version 22.214.171.124 is now available for download at https://accuratesound.ca (Windows and Mac), which includes an updated Operations Guide.
HLC implements the industry standard convolver “config” file specification: Config file
- input and output delays with 0.1ms resolution.
- input and output channel weights
- summing input channels to a single output path - typically used for crosstalk cancellation filters.
- both absolute and relative file paths to the filters are supported.
- If the host sample rate changes, HLC will look for a matching .cfg filter to load automatically.
- AutoGain algorithm has been improved to provide better level matching between filters.
- Instant filter switching has been improved to provide glitch free operation regardless if the filters are minimum phase, mixed phase or linear phase, including filters with excess phase correction.
- Editing of dB gain values directly for the filter gain slider and master trim control.
Hang Loose Convolver - A Listening Demonstration demonstrates how to configure Hang Loose Convolver for 2, 4, 6, and 7.1.4 channel sound. The listening demonstration provides audible examples of instantly switching level-matched FIR filters regardless if they are minimum phase, mixed phase or linear phase filters.
The listening demonstration is designed to start off easy switching between filters that clearly have audible tonal differences and progressively getting harder to hear differences when comparing filters where only timing differences are made.
The intent is to be educational in training one’s ears to hear filter differences, whether frequency and/or timing response related.