Help with brainstormšŸ’™ "SOLVED" šŸ’™

Have you connected the DAC directly to the computer using USB?

Just did that. Then it wonā€™t play as 16/44 but 32/44ā€¦
Whatā€™s the reason for askingā€¦? I tried it to hear if it has anything to do with ethernet or somethingā€¦because the humm sounds like a electrical distortion. An other ethernetcable didnā€™t helpā€¦(and the microrendu has the same humm/buzz as the stack audio ). I canā€™t be the streamer/bridge.
The only thing, besides the audirvana software, that can cause the problem is the Qutestā€¦ But why only at 16/44?

And why did it start with audirvana and Roon was hummless/buzzlessā€¦ So theoretical it canā€™t be the dacā€¦

Iā€™m gonna try another powersuply for the quetestā€¦just to make sure.

Nothingā€¦same same. Iā€™m out of optionsā€¦

Playing 24/44,1 files bitperfect; no problem no buzz

Maybe somethingā€™s up with the file youā€™re testing with. Try with some other file.

Just have the DAC connected directly to the PC, disconnect everything else.

ā€¦it happens with all my nas files, qobuz files and tidal files(before)ā€¦

I just connected the laptop to the qutest again and it wonā€™t play 16/44, but 32/44.

Audirvana 3.5.43

SIGNAL PROCESSING:

Polarity Inversion:
	Globally: OFF
	Per track: OFF
Effects plugins NOT ACTIVE

UPSAMPLING:
SoX not in use
SoX filter parameters
Bandwidth at 0dB = 99.5
Filter max length = 30000
Anti-aliasing = 100
Phase = 66

AUDIO VOLUME:
Max allowed volume: 100
Replay Gain: None
SW volume control: ON

LIBRARY SETTINGS:
Sync list: 1 folders
AUTO: \NASSTEVEVIRUS\Public
Library database path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Audirvana\AudirvanaPlus\AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

ACTIVE STREAMING SERVICES
Qobuz: Connected as Qobuz Studio

=================== AUDIO DEVICE ========================

Max. memory for audio buffers: 4002MB

Local Audio Engine:ASIO 2 driver version 2

Preferred device:
ASIO Chord 1.05
Model UID:ASIO Chord 1.05
UID:ASIO Chord 1.05

Active Sample Rate: 44.1kHz

Bridge settings:
Sample rate limitation: none
Sample rate switching latency: 1s
Limit bitdepth to 24bit: OFF
Mute during sample rate change: OFF

Selected device:
Local audio device
ASIO Chord 1.05 Manufacturer:
Model UID:ASIO Chord 1.05 UID:ASIO Chord 1.05

12 available sample rates up to 1536000Hz
Volume Control
Physical: No
Virtual: No
MQA capability
Auto-detect MQA devices: No
Not a MQA device, user set to not MQA
DSD capability: Unhandled
Device audio channels
Preferred stereo channels L:0 R:1
Channel bitmap: Ox3, layout:
Channel 0 mapped to 0
Channel 1 mapped to 1

Audio channels in use
Number of channels: 2
Use as stereo device only: No
Simple stereo device: Yes

1 output streams:
Number of active channels: 2, in 1 stream(s)
Channel #0 :Stream 0 channel 0
Channel #1 :Stream 0 channel 1
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 44.1kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 48kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 88.2kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 96kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 176.4kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 192kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 352.8kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 384kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 705.6kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 768kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 1411.2kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 32bit little endian 1536kHz

Local devices found : 2
Device #0: ASIO Chord 1.05 Manufacturer: Model UID: ASIO Chord 1.05 UID: ASIO Chord 1.05
Device #1: ASIO4ALL v2 Manufacturer: Model UID: ASIO4ALL v2 UID: ASIO4ALL v2

UPnP devices found : 1
Device #0sa-link [LINK] UID: uuid:acbb4667-42b5-a9a2-46e7-b827eb749f64 Location: http://192.168.2.135:49152/uuid-acbb4667-42b5-a9a2-46e7-b827eb749f64/description.xml

Thatā€™s normal. The bit-depth you see on the right side is allegedly what is reported by the USB interface. How does it sound? Is the hum gone?

ā€¦the humm is gone. Left it says 16/44, right it says 32/44.1 (pc to dac)

(Pc to bridge to dac) ; left 16/44 1 and right 16/44.1

So,the hum is gone when i DONā€™T use a bridge/audirvana endpointā€¦ such as Stack audio link 2 ā€¦or microrenduā€¦

Whatā€™s the overall conclusion?:grimacing:

Use USB? :sweat_smile:

Thereā€™s something with Qutest when interacting with Linux in the bridges, or it may well be UPnP related issue. It would be interesting to try with RPi based bridge and RoPieee XL, for example.

Use pc with usb you mean?:sweat_smile:ā€¦
No optionā€¦ thatā€™s were i bin and thats why i bought a microrendu and last month the stack audioā€¦and audirvana :grimacing:.

But still, to me, it is not making sense because its only at 16/44ā€¦ If there IS a oroblem with the qutest, it would act the same at al bit depthsā€¦ ?

Conclusion and choices;

-Only use forced upsampling

• buy another dac
  • use another software programm (but i just bought a license)

Am i the only Qutest user with this problem?

Rather than changing the DAC, which is decent, I would think about getting another bridge.

Have a look at Allo USBridge Signature:

or DigiOne Player:

With that one you could use it with BNC SPDIF connector. If you donā€™t care about DSD is probably the best option.

i am really thankfull for your help and energy that you put in this problemšŸ™šŸ»ā€¦ But my mind canā€™t believe that a microrendu or a stack audio link is the problem. They both advertise as a audirvana endpoint.
I also canā€™t believe it is the quetest and why only at 16/44.
With Roon and volumio t6hw qutest worked fine with the microrendu.
it all started with audirvana and the microrendu and now with the new stack link 2 it continuedā€¦but only at 16/44ā€¦

my first post was about my disappointment of buying a audirvana license and having a hummā€¦
In the audirvana trial there was no problem. Then i switched to Roonā€¦and back ro audirvana because of the soundā€¦i bought a license, installed itā€¦and the humming beganā€¦ With the microrenduā€¦
I was told to upsample so the humming would be gone.
As i upsample there was sometimes a big loud noise and iā€™m surprised that it didnā€™t ruin my tube amps and speakersā€¦ terrible noise! From out of nothing.
So i bought some extra ram memory for my laptop to stop thatā€¦ It didnā€™t stop. Even if i deactivate upsampling.
Then bought the stack audioā€¦ nothing changed
So then i wanted to play bit perfect, but there was that humm againā€¦ And now the advise is to buy another bridgeā€¦

What can I say, itā€™s a journey. Do you have another DAC you can try with microRendu and the other bridge.

Roon uses another protocol, so it may well be related to UPnP, therefore it would be interesting to check with another DAC and the microRendu. That would confirm if the issue is related to UPnP or not.

Hello @SteveE, does your microrendu use the latest version of Sonore firmware?

Okayā€¦roon is different protocol. Maybe i try volumio and see if it brings the same problemā€¦ another dac, wellā€¦i can try to arrange one of my son.

And i know; its a journeyā€¦ a really nice journeyā€¦some things are not logical and then you search and findā€¦ So iā€™m searchingā€¦

Hi, thank youā€¦yes,i bought the newest version 3 months ago. But at the moment iā€™m not using the microrendu ā€¦the microrendu that was humming at16/44ā€¦ and went with the stack audio link 2ā€¦ And the humming stayed.

But as mr Razor says; probably a upnp thingā€¦ donā€™t knowā€¦

At this moment when i activate upsampling there is clicking sounds, and after 4 seconds the volume goes really loudā€¦and then the distortion comes inā€¦ Terrifiedā€¦believe meā€¦

So later on iā€™m going do disconnect en connect the qutest again and the stack audioā€¦and hopes this distortion stopā€¦ Iā€™l try volumio and see what happens en try to get another dacā€¦

Hi, thank youā€¦yes,i bought the newest version 3 months ago. But at the moment iā€™m not using the microrendu ā€¦the microrendu that was humming at16/44ā€¦ and went with the stack audio link 2ā€¦ And the humming stayed.

But as mr Razor says; probably a upnp thingā€¦ donā€™t knowā€¦

At this moment when i activate upsampling there is clicking sounds, and after 4 seconds the volume goes really loudā€¦and then the distortion comes inā€¦ Terrifiedā€¦believe meā€¦

So later on iā€™m going do disconnect en connect the qutest again and the stack audioā€¦and hopes this distortion stopā€¦ Iā€™l try volumio and see what happens en try to get another dacā€¦

ā€¦ thinking again; the quetest needs a windows driver to work correctly.
I installed that driver.
I can now click on that driver in audirvana and play music from my laptop, usb, qutestā€¦and itā€™s all good.

But if i want to use my microrendu or my stack audio link 2, i have to select that option in audirvana so i can play music from laptop, microrendu or stack audio link 2, usb, qutestā€¦ And thats where the hum appears.

My question; the windows driver that i have installed is it also working when i select microrendu or stack audio link 2? Is the driver inplemented in that option/selection?
Or with that option you donā€™t need a driver?

This evening i choose not to test with another dac because i want The Qutest as a dac. And i donā€™t want another endpoint, or volumio software ā€¦so im gonna try to solve the problem eith audirvana bit perfect or go back to roonā€¦ But to be honoust iā€™m not a roon fanā€¦

Another question;
Why is the bithdept 32/44 when playing laptop, usb, Qutestā€¦and that same song 16/44 when playing laptop, stack audio link 2, usb, Qutest?
Without upsampling.

And is there an option to play everything bitperfect no upsampling except the 16/44 files so i can upsample them to 24/44 so there is no buzz?