Help with brainstormšŸ’™ "SOLVED" šŸ’™

The 32 is the bit-width the USB interface presents to Audirvana.

Check the firmware version of the microRendu and upgrade it if itā€™s not the latest. You canā€™t do much beyond that.

Thanksā€¦ appreciate it. Itā€™s the last firmware.

But why is the bit width different when there is an end point between the laptop and dac?

Thatā€™s because when youā€™re connected via USB to the DAC, whatā€™s shown is what USB reports. When you interface through the bridge, itā€™s what the bridge reports back. Itā€™s a different interface.

Still itā€™s puzzling where the hum/buzz comes from when you connect through the bridge. There shouldnā€™t be any, and I donā€™t think itā€™s the cables or power supplies.

If you have the possibility, itā€™s worth trying with vanilla RPi as bridge. Just to exclude itā€™s somehow the software issue on the bridge. Maybe the bridges you have use the same software component and therefore you have the same issue.

More likely, itā€™s how those devices interface with the Qutest that is probably the issue here. The only way to confirm this is to connect another DAC to those bridges and test.

Mr.bitracerā€¦:wink: thanks!.. Itā€™s clear to me now about the usb connection :pray:t2:. One stap closer to a solution for my problem.
But to my logic it is a strange thing that a 16/44file stays 16/44 with one piece of gear, and another piece of gear says it 32/44. ā€¦orā€¦is it the Qutest that makes it 32/44? (The upsampling talked about in this thread within the quetest):face_with_monocle:

-The bridge software CANā€™T be the problem; they both sell as audirvana endpointsā€¦

-The dac isnā€™t the problem because it works with laptop usbā€¦

-The laptop isnā€™t the problem connected to the dac with usb because it works: At least: can not make it play at 16/44 where the buzzing appearsšŸ¤”. You explained me why.

-Cables are replaced,the old cables, power cables,ls cabked,rca cable,usb cable, had the humming to.
Powersuply of the dac has bin replaced, the old powersuply had the humming to.

-It ONLY appears at 16/44ā€¦ From my NAS, from my Laptop, from Qobuz or from Tidal.

-When i used Roon,no humming. When i had the test version of audirvana: no hummin.

:sob:šŸ™…ā€¦ Maybe i should de install audirvana an do a clean/new install?.. :thinking: but would that bring another problem with it license wise?

Itā€™s hard for me to believe that re-install would bring something, but you can de-authorize Audirvana form the menu and wait 24h to re-install. You can also install 2 instances in parallel with the license you have.

Have you tried plugging off or completely disconnecting some of the devices in your room. Iā€™m thinking of the LED lights you see in the background in the picture you attached. Disconnect everything. Move the equipment further away from the switch.

The weird thing is that you have the same issue with 2 different bridges. That why I said that you might want to try with a different DAC, just to see if itā€™s DAC related or not.

There are no led lightsā€¦ The only led lights are the ones in the qutest. The orange kamp you see is a salt lamp which i use to have some light for the photo. If its gone, there still is a humm.

Multiple times i have disconnected everything.
And there ainā€™t no thing or cable etc thatā€™s producing the hummā€¦ Believe me, i tested everythingā€¦i have a dedicated listening room.

The switch i have for a month now and the humm was present before this switch was bought.

And about the qutest: basically you say that i should contact Chord audio with this problem? Or sonore? Or stack audio? ā€¦that there product is causing a problem together with another productā€¦
Wellā€¦you know what they gonna sayā€¦

But why are you pointing to the dacā€¦ It works perfectly when upsampling or native 24 filesā€¦ Only the 16/44 is hummingā€¦
Not with roon and qobuz, not with roon and my nasā€¦
It started with audirvanaā€¦
And i hope that audirvana will end thisā€¦

Soā€¦when upsampling is deactivatedā€¦and i downsample the bithdept of a song (under active device) to 20 bit (!) Or 16 bit theres a hummā€¦
Uhmmmā€¦hummmšŸ¤”
Does this mean anything, without having to change dacs?
Nooooo problems at all with the hummm only with 16 bithdepts and 20 bithdeptsā€¦
Upsampling activated or deactivatedā€¦

Is the Cisco switch PoE? Do you have some other switch?

You can also try with Chord support. Maybe they have some ideas.

Try also with JRiver to stream over the bridge to the Qutest.

With the microrendu i used another switchā€¦same problemā€¦

Something went wrongā€¦ i wanted a link to my first postā€¦ Didnā€™t work.

Other question, same problem;

Is it possible for a dac to make a humming noise at 16 bithdepts and 20 bithdeptsā€¦and when played 24 bithdepts (and further) the humming disappeares?
I mean;
Are the path signals different bij 16 and 20 bithdepts ā€¦and 24 and up bithdepts.

In other words: can the dac be broken and act like this?

(Still doesnā€™t make sense that Roon is okee)
ā€¦but just to make things visible to meā€¦

Have you tried with higher resolution files? Try with 24/96.

And why the f.ck is this constantly happening!
It scares me to death when it comes up whenever it feels likeā€¦ And you think this is noisy? Believe me, when it happens when i upsample itā€™s twice as loud with poppin and crackingā€¦

It only happens at 16 and 20 bithdeptsā€¦ Al other is fineā€¦

And i mean the hummin. The distortion is on al bithdeptsā€¦ Freaking me outā€¦

There is not much you can do at this point. The only options are to try RPi as a bridge or try to connect another DAC to microRendu. This will give you an idea in which direction to proceed.

I dinā€™t use the microrenduā€¦ Because it was humming at 16 and 20 bithdeptsā€¦
My first post ever was about that and then i was told to try another bridgeā€¦
So here he is: de stack audio link 2.

Stack audio link 2 is a rpi based bridge.

ā€¦you were the one that told me i was giving up to soonā€¦ (Because i wanted to cancel my audirvana liscense) so i went on with upsampling that made the humm disappearā€¦but created the freaking distortion over and over again. I try to solve it but didnā€™t acomplish thatā€¦
Then you said; why upsampling? The quetest and his developer etc.
So i quit the upsampling because indeed it sounds fabulousā€¦ and there iā€™m back at day one with audirvana and the hummin problem.

I even contacted microrendu at that time.

And now it is probably the dacā€¦

You get my frustration? (And i still like to thank you fir your help). If there is any way to cancel my audirvana liscense i like to know howā€¦because that is what i wanted from day one i bought it.

I wouldnā€™t blame you if you gave up now. It doesnā€™t seam to be strictly Audirvana issue, but I understand your frustration.

Write to support@audirvana.com