How is it possible to use Audirvana to play music?

Thanks for the detailed tip. I’ll try on a few examples.
At this stage, I encountered the following issues:

• Missing albums: in some cases that was due to the use of accentuated characters (bloody French ;-)) in the file names. Removing the accent makes the album back on stage.
  • Duplicated tracks: may be due to the existence of individual audio files and cue files pointing to the audio files. Honestly I do not understand why using cue files when you already have separated tracks in audio files.

Look into the program called Tag Editor. It’s a great tool to drop in folders full of music and see all the metadata that the software uses to sort. Useful to make bulk changes when needed.

Thanks David for the advice I will look at it.
Eric

NEWS: Problem I considered as solved is NOT!!! Unfortunately, changing the USB port does not solve the issue.
I’m still on it with that unbearable distorted sound, just like if something was saturating somewhere.

I’m considering to add a streamer in between and send music from the MAC with Audirvana. But, that’s a bit (even more) expensive.
I never had that problem with the older (V2) versions of Aurdirvana. Maybe I’ll try to come back to that version to see if that helps.

Best

I like answering my own posts :wink:
I found that I installed (long time ago) a driver on my Mac for use with another USB I/F that did not work with the standard Mac way of implementing USB audio 2.0.
This is working, but maybe in some cases a source of problems when using another device. I tried to uninstall this bloody thing but to no avail.
I tried to change the sampling frequency on the MIDI setup: this is under test and I will report here if I find something.

patifr: Hello, you are a lucky guy. I am starting to try too to use Audirvana on a Macbook with iTunes. I cannot even load any music in this program. Never saw any hint to make contact to their support, and to be honest, paying US$ 75, when it starts like this? I am to old to fuzz around in Forums… GOT CUT

Never too old to learn. I can advise you to buy Audirvana. Excellent program.

Hello HansBR,
I never tried to use Audirvana with iTunes. Regarding the support you are right, it’s very limited. I guess they are playing the same game as MicroSoft does: pay for the SW and you are on your own to make it work properly.

Don’t expect much in terms of hand-holding, but forums are quite lively. For non application (bug) related issues it’s likely that somebody will be able to help you with useful advice.

Developer is also active on the forums and quite proactive.

If you’re using Audirvana with iTunes/Music app, you manage your music in the Apple Music app (old iTunes). Just add your music to iTunes as you would normally do.

Switch Audirvana to “Music Integrated Mode” from the main application menu. That’s it.

Hello Patifr

I used to be a fan of Apple SW and iTune many years ago …
Then I discovered Audirvana, and used the iTunes integrated mode as a logical
migration path from my previous iTunes environnement.
Then I dropped iTunes when Mr Plisson developed his nice library management interface.
I can say that the sound quality was much improved, and I wouldn’t step back to the iTunes integrated mode by now !
If you are an “audiophile” music lover, you should stay away for iTunes in my opinion.

Hi AlainJ,
You are fully right and I cannot agree more with you. I also tried Jriver and honestly, it’s far from being at the same level of quality, and I’m using the very same configuration in terms of DAC and cables (I was even on the same MacBook Pro but with Windows…)
I was with my post trying to convince HansBR who seems to have some troubles with the combination of Audirvana and iTunes.

Hello HansBR

Keep going, Audirvana is worth a little effort to make it work !
Also the community is there to help you, but it will require some effort on your side,
personal research is also necessary to understand how the SW was designed and intended to work.
There are many things all connected, network, PC, OS version, etc …
Mr Plisson has certainly not enough time to address all individual issues, but other users
will probably give you good advice …
good luck !

1 Like

First of all, thanks for the suggestions. Well, I have the Trial version of Audirvana and try to test it with iTunes. That does not mean I have to stick with it. But I am unable even to import one music from the iTunes “Music” Folder. I use a Macbook Pro 2009 with macOS 10.11.6. I mess around with Macs since 1989 and I never went through such a heckmeck in all this years with a trial. And be sure, I have certainly less time than Mr. Plisson. I might do something wrong: Have I to put a red ball on my nose to get it working. Using this program, first of all, is a question of pacience and believing, that the Dev respects me. Thank you

If you plan on sticking with iTunes/Music there are options. You can go with BitPerfect, it’s 10 bucks and works great.

I just purchased BITPERFECT and it does sound ‘better’ than iTunes/Apple Music Player - cleaner, clearer, crisper - although it just ‘sits there’ like nothing is happening. I might purchase the DSD Master, too.

In terms of Audirvana - it’s also simple, especially with DSD files (no need for additional software)…